Sukhoi Su-57

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tell me about it...although, after 6 months, I still enjoy hearing them in the circuit at Hill AFB. Didn't realize how much I missed the sound of freedom. :)

I thought this was an interesting overview of the state of Russia's aviation industry prior to the invasion of Ukraine.

Wow, what a POC.

Yeah, My understanding is that the -57 is low-observable from the front, but from the sides has a typical radar profile. Color me underwhelmed.

Chris at MAH has this video on the Russian air service which I generally agreed with.

It's from eight months ago so the opinions aren't colored by events in Ukraine. ETA: the Su-57 and stealth comes up at around 11:35.

Last edited:
Horses for courses…

If you want an apex predator fighter that flies so high no other fighter can tangle with it, ready to shoot down anything from its loft perch, or come down and use its matchless kinetamtic performance to close and kill anything with wings … F-22

If you want the best ground pounder money can buy, a Skyborg that can fly through any air defence system and kill it at source… F-35

Yeah, My understanding is that the -57 is low-observable from the front, but from the sides has a typical radar profile. Color me underwhelmed.

Chris at MAH has this video on the Russian air service which I generally agreed with.

It's from eight months ago so the opinions aren't colored by events in Ukraine. ETA: the Su-57 and stealth comes up at around 11:35.

Their 'best' strike aircraft - and it primarily strikes targets with sticks of dumb bombs dropped by Mk 1 eyeball

I was talking to a guy at the office the other day who was on the X-32 program back in the day. I'm glad I was never on that program.

It's the happiest whale you've ever seen in your life.

450px-USAF_X32B_250.jpg

Whenever I am at Hill we curse the 35 because it.

It is nice enjoying lunch at the Hill AFB Golf Couse Club House and seeing them fly around. The only thing cooler is sitting at the Club House at JB Hickam-Pearl Harbor watching the F-22s take off over the water while enjoying a club sandwich. :D
Club sandwich ? Wood or iron ?

The Su-57 is still not an operational aircraft and is said to have another 5 years of development required. 2027 is a long way off if they are wanted now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back