Sukhoi Su-57

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Admiral Beez

Captain
Oct 21, 2019
Toronto, Canada
How does the Sukhoi Su-57 compare to the best of NATO? Presumably when this war is over the Russians, once again flush with oil dollars will need to replace a lot of kit, including rapid air force upgrades.

Its a joke of a plane, an SU-27 dressed up to look like an F-22 - and failing.
And its not 5th Gen, its barely 4th Gen on a good day

This is exactly what I have seen. It's pretty much 5th Gen cosmetically only, and operationally it is not that great or advanced.

This is exactly what I have seen. It's pretty much 5th Gen cosmetically only, and operationally it is not that great or advanced.

Nothing says massive RCS like these panel lines and screw heads

Su-57-Screws.jpg

I saw this yesterday on the "coming attractions " Second one down. Seems the winds have changed direction.

No they have not changed per se. The F-22 and F-35 have different roles. The 22 is also forbidden from export, however, the 22 is just as important and capable today as it was yesterday if not more.

Last edited:
No they have not changed per se. The F-22 and F-35 have different roles. The 22 is also forbidden from export, however, the 22 is just as important and capable today as it was yesterday if not more.
Gotcha' on that.
What I meant was: I am now seeing YT vids on how great the F-35 is as opposed to the older YT vids saying it is crud.

I still don't like the F-35. It's too obnoxiously loud damnit! :lol:

Tell me about it...although, after 6 months, I still enjoy hearing them in the circuit at Hill AFB. Didn't realize how much I missed the sound of freedom. :)

I thought this was an interesting overview of the state of Russia's aviation industry prior to the invasion of Ukraine.

Tell me about it...although, after 6 months, I still enjoy hearing them in the circuit at Hill AFB. Didn't realize how much I missed the sound of freedom. :)

I thought this was an interesting overview of the state of Russia's aviation industry prior to the invasion of Ukraine.

I know what you mean. After the attack on 9/11 everything was grounded. I never realized how much I missed the sound.

Whenever I am at Hill we curse the 35 because it.

It is nice enjoying lunch at the Hill AFB Golf Couse Club House and seeing them fly around. The only thing cooler is sitting at the Club House at JB Hickam-Pearl Harbor watching the F-22s take off over the water while enjoying a club sandwich. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back