Ta-152/Fw-190 (1 Viewer)

Is the Ta-152...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the lancaster kicks ass

Major General
Dec 20, 2003
What do you class it is, to you, is the Ta-152 the same as a Fw-190D, or, due to it's different designation, do you see it as a different plane??

Seeing how the Ta-152B and H were originallly named the Fw190Ra-2 and Ra-3, the choice is obvious... The Ta-152H was a high altitude version of the Fw-190Ra-3...

The 190Ra-2 incorporated the standard 190D wing, and used the Jumo 213 engine, basically making a longernosed 190D...

All they did was rename the planes out of respect for the designers, Tank and Messerschmitt.... (Ta and Me)

Quoted from The Encyclopedia of Aircraft of WWII...........

"In 1944, the Reichluftfahrtministerium (German Air Ministry or RLM) decreed that all new fighter aircraft designations must include the chief designer's name. Thus was born the Ta 152, named for Kurt Tank, chief of design at the Focke-Wulf Flugzeugbau G. m. b. H. Except for designation, the Ta 152 series is directly related to, and a natural development of, the Fw 190. It was probably the fastest and most capable production, propeller-driven, fighter fielded by Germany during World War II."

If Kurt Tank and The Luftwaffe Hierachy, as well as all the historical documentation, all say that the Ta 152 series was directly related to, and a natural development of, the Fw 190, I dont really see where an opinion is needed.

Its a fact Lanc.... I dont think Ive ever seen u so stubborn before.......

But......

U never did answer my question Lanc...
Was the Fw-190A-8 a completely different plane than the Fw-190D-9???

yes, it was a different plane, but at the same time it wasn't because it carried the same designation, and i never said the -152 and -190 weren't related, because i know they are, i know they're almost exactly the same plane and that there's more differences between the -190A and -190D than there is between the -190D and -152, but the fact remains that it carried a different designation, to me, that makes it a different plane................

and the reason i'm being so stubborn is because i feel so strongly about it.......

OK whatever...
but the fact remains that it carried a different designation,
Out of respect for its designer
yes, it was a different plane, but at the same time it wasn't because it carried the same designation
If u think thats true then I do not doubt that u think the 190D and the Ta-152 are different...
, not because it was a different plane.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back