Ta-152/Fw-190

Is the Ta-152...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sorry i meant to say "yes, it was the same plane, but at the same time it wasn't because it carried a different designation", not "yes, it was a different plane, but at the same time it wasn't because it carried the same designation"

So just because something has a different name makes it totally different? If I changed my name tomorrow to Micheal DeLaney would that make me a different person?

it would make you different because you have a different name, and i never said it was a completely different plane..............

It wouldnt make me a different person...Different yes, different person, no...

In your poll the option is "completely different because of the designation..."

Both the P-51H and P-47M/N were redesigned down to the last stringer and brace but the basic design is still the same. With the P-47s new wings were added - essentialy the same mods as the Fw-190/Ta-152.

With the Fw-190 I feel there is more of a change going from radial to the inline engine than to a better wing/altitude configuration.

I have read in a couple of places it was to Honor/Recognize Kirt Tank.

wmaxt

You know the A-36/Mustang Allison version became the P-51/Mustang II with the Merlin because it flew like a whole new airplane.

If the 190 didn't change enough with the engine change for a new designation, it sure didn't when it changed a wing to become the Ta-152.

wmaxt

Well to be perfectly exact for you the Ta-152 was basically a Fw-190D with a larger wing span and slightly different powerplant. It used a Jumo 213E instead of a Jumo 213.

Users who are viewing this thread