Tamiya-1/350-IJN Heavy Crusier Chikuma-Finished

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Shows that I need to log in to see them. I like your stuff but not enough to get yet another web account.

Shows that I need to log in to see them. I like your stuff but not enough to get yet another web account.
I wouldn't andy just looking for a new free image host system that allows me to post the pic itself without creating a link which is useless for what we do "we want pics!!!" :)

I am working on clearing out some unfinished kits!This and the Prinz Eugen look at mea a lot.I am just about done with the bridge but I screwed up two ladders for the back for the steps just did not want fold out first time for me from Eduard?So,I have some inbound from Sprue Brothers made by Trumpter maybe they work better I shall find out.I misplaced,used or through away the color grey for the hull/SS fortunately I had bought some Tamyia IJN Grey it match my old Humbrol to the tee.I have already repainted the Funnels.I feel by looking at the sprues that are left I am about 50% ATTM.;)

Attachments

• helo 001.JPG
    helo 001.JPG
    206 KB · Views: 25
  • helo 003.JPG
    helo 003.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 21
Turrets have the requested PE applied just need to repaint and do the blast bags.
default_wink.png

Attachments

• chikuma 001.JPG
    chikuma 001.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 21
  • chikuma 002.JPG
    chikuma 002.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 25
  • chikuma 004.JPG
    chikuma 004.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 23
I am sure you have noticed but the instructions always show the ladders flat I like them sitting out gives a little 3d effect.;)

Well all the hull handrails are in place 48 each side meaning 98 holes nothing is glued on the decks yet.I have to pick up some screws tomorrow to mount the ship to it's stand after that already staring secondary guns dealing with a bit of PE.
default_wink.png

The 1/200 scale Sharnhorst is inbound with the metal barrels and decking coming in later
default_biggrin.png

Attachments

• chikuma 001.JPG
    chikuma 001.JPG
    313.5 KB · Views: 18
  • chikuma 002.JPG
    chikuma 002.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 21
  • chikuma 003.JPG
    chikuma 003.JPG
    305.1 KB · Views: 22
  • chikuma 004.JPG