Tamiya 1/48 focke wulf fw190 A-3

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ellis995

Staff Sergeant
Mar 15, 2009
Easington Lane UK
Hi guys Girls

Recived the fw190 A-3 today, had a quick look at it and the paint info on the destructions:) and it looks like i haven't got the right colour paints for the paint job. So i will have to improvise on the colours with what i have:(
So if i make a b***s of it i am sorry.

Keith

Keith...I don't suggest improvising.Yuu can fail and it would be a pity to waste your money you have spent on the model. These three or four paints aren't worth of it.What is more if you buy these additional colours you will have them for an another model because you won't use them up fully.But it is your choice, of course.

Thanks guys

i have spent all the spare cash i had now on this. So it will not be started now untill i can save some cash up for the other paints.Iwill keep it for a rainy day:lol: So i will start the Revell 1/32 stuka.

Good decision Keith. Have a look at the paints you've got, you might be able to mix the correct colours from available paints. It's rare I buy a specific colour just for one model, unless it's a colour I can't get right or find a right mix for. Most camouflage colours can be obtained by mixing from a few basics, although sometimes a couple of shades of similar colours are needed to get the correct hue. And as Wojtek said, once you've got the neccessary paints, they're there for future use too.
But for the sake of £5 or so, don't go spoiling a great kit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back