Tamiya's Acrylic Thinner On Clear Plastic (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tam81040.jpg

So I was painting my Avenger's canopy today (no pics yet, needs another coat!), and there's the usual odd goof up. I had used the Tamiya thinner on normal plastic to get stuff off before and it worked without damaging the plastic at all, so I thought, why not try it on this? The Avenger comes with two types of pilots control panel, and they are both clear for some reason, so I tried dipping a cotton swab (Q-tip for me) in some of the Tamiya thinner, and just rubbed it on a flat part of the panel. To my surprise and delight it didn't harm the plastic at all! It looks just like it did before I put the thinner on. So I then tried it on my canopy, despite the paint I was using being enamel, and just rubbed with a fair amount of pressure on the problem areas, and once again, didn't harm the plastic, AND it took off the paint, just like I wanted! So guys, this stuff is safe to use on clear pieces with both acrylic and enamel paints! Some of you may have known this, but I thought I'd post it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back