Tanimizu Takeo 10 June 1945

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CHen10

Airman
Nov 3, 2023
From "Imperial Japanese Navy Aces 1937–45" By Henry Sakaida:

"On 10 June 1945 Tanimizu fought against P-47s in a savage battle over Kyushu, and although he seriously damaged a Thunderbolt, his Zero was hit in the oil pipe and he was forced to make an emergency landing."

Which Thunderbolts did Tanimizu fight against? I wanted to see if maybe the P-47 crashed but there were no P-47 losses in the Kyushu region that day so it means that Tanimizu was correct by saying he only damaged the P-47 but which fighter group were the P-47s from? Also does anybody have any losses for this day that I missed?

From "Imperial Japanese Navy Aces 1937–45" By Henry Sakaida:

"On 10 June 1945 Tanimizu fought against P-47s in a savage battle over Kyushu, and although he seriously damaged a Thunderbolt, his Zero was hit in the oil pipe and he was forced to make an emergency landing."

Which Thunderbolts did Tanimizu fight against? I wanted to see if maybe the P-47 crashed but there were no P-47 losses in the Kyushu region that day so it means that Tanimizu was correct by saying he only damaged the P-47 but which fighter group were the P-47s from? Also does anybody have any losses for this day that I missed?
The only US P-47 equipped FG in a position to be operating over Kyushu on 10 June was the P-47N equipped 413th FG. It arrived on Ie Shima on 19 May 1945. The P-47D equipped 58th FG didn't arrive on Okinawa until 10 July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back