Tank armament effectiveness vs infantry (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How did the OKW manage to assemble such data at that point ? Esp. regarding Soviet dead ?

Go back and actually read my post Soren. I said that it said it was an approximation put in after the fact.

Due to the fact that the OKW diaries are a legit source though, I would think that the approximations are pretty accurate as well.

Go back and actually read my post Soren. I said that it said it was an approximation put in after the fact.

Due to the fact that the OKW diaries are a legit source though, I would think that the approximations are pretty accurate as well.

that depends on which losses you're talkin' about - the german or the soviet ones

or shall we say +/-20000 KIAs is a pretty accurate quote :) (the difference between the OKW approximations and the actual listed losses of the Soviets)

that depends on which losses you're talkin' about - the german or the soviet ones

or shall we say +/-20000 KIAs is a pretty accurate quote :) (the difference between the OKW approximations and the actual listed losses of the Soviets)

To be honest I do not think we will ever have an accurate count.

The Germans simply were not in a position to count (bodies are still being found in the outskirts of Berlin today, there was an interesting documentary on German TV about it the other night).

The Russians on the other hand I dont think cared to get an accurate account of their dead.

To be honest I do not think we will ever have an accurate count.

The Germans simply were not in a position to count (bodies are still being found in the outskirts of Berlin today, there was an interesting documentary on German TV about it the other night).
absolutely. because of that we still don't have a historically accepted figure of the German casulaties in 1945.

The Russians on the other hand I dont think cared to get an accurate account of their dead.

As I've already said, that depends. Russians had as good as no losses accounting system in 1941 and partially in 1942 because of same reasons as Germans in 1945, in the following years it was much better , although we have still no realible figures for the partisan losses and for those who were drafted practically unaccounted at the liberated territories in Ukraine in 1944. That's actually the points why the Krivosheev book, otherwise the greatest research available by now, is critisised. The listed losses in Poland and in other european countries including Germany are actually pretty reliable figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back