TBF/TBM-1 Manual and drawings?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rerfhtre24

Recruit
Jan 24, 2008
Hi, I'm looking for the TBF/TBM-1 Avenger manuals and drawings.
Any help about that?

Thanks.

Humm, I got to say I dont have alot on this aircraft compared to other types. I sorry to say I dont have a manual either but I have a few books with detail photos if you are looking for specific area's of the aircraft.

Hi HoHun
Thank you, i already know about that.

Hi Micdrow
Thank you, i already have pictures and photos about TBM-3.
I'm looking for different between TBM-1/1C and TBM-3. Especially i'm interesting about old equipment (TBM-1/1C) between engine and firewall. If you have schemes, pictures and photos oil cooling system, cowl flaps actuators, please let me know. And also radio equipments rear cockpit, and drag braces for torpedoes, that well be very help full.

Thanks

Recommend you get the book TBF/TBM Avenger in detail by squadron signal. Tons of pictures for the questions your asking. Sampling below

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 1,416
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,148
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,219
Hiya

This a schematic of the oil cooler system taken from Grumman Report 20408 - Erection and Maintenance Instructions Model TBF-1/TBM-1/Avenger 1.
It's in three parts as my scanner could not handle the size.

Attachments

• avenger-0078C.jpg
    avenger-0078C.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,112
  • avenger-0078B.jpg
    avenger-0078B.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 1,047
  • avenger-0078A.jpg
    avenger-0078A.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 1,178
Same source. Details of the torpedo installation.

Attachments

• avenger-00448C.jpg
    avenger-00448C.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 1,039
  • avenger-00448B.jpg
    avenger-00448B.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 1,098
  • avenger-00448A.jpg
    avenger-00448A.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 1,057
  • avenger-00447.jpg
    avenger-00447.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 986
  • avenger-00446.jpg
    avenger-00446.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,039
Hi Micdrow
Thank you, i already have this book. Unfortunately this book has only little information about TBM-1/1C.

Hi ozhawk40
Thank you, this is exactly what i'm looking for.

Thanks

Hi. I'm also interested in the information about second cockpit of TBF-1C. I've seen in many photoes that ARB radio receiver is mounted above the top of the side. Have you got the scheme or photo of second cockpit for this variant of placing the equipment?

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 820
Hi Eric - welcome to the forum.

Have the schematic for the ARB, along with placement photos for ASB. This is for the -1, not -1C HTH. 8)

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• ARB schematic pt1.jpg
    ARB schematic pt1.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 990
  • ARB schematic pt2.jpg
    ARB schematic pt2.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 995
  • ARB schematic pt3.jpg
    ARB schematic pt3.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 963
  • ASB Controls.jpg
    ASB Controls.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 951
  • ASB second cockpit.jpg
    ASB second cockpit.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 936
Last edited:
Thanks Paul

Eric I have the -4 Parts Catalog for the TBM-3, and this shows a similar ARB/ASB configuration. Would it be possible that the equipment in the second cockpit (as per your photo) is the ASB not ARB? Just mounted a little higher?

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter.
Thank you, it's very interesting information. Most of all I liked the photo of the ASB equipment in the second cockpit of TBF-1.
May be, there were several variants of the equipment and its location. Accordind to the photoes, the variant I've asked about, was the most popular for TBF-1C and for TBF-3 too.
The unit itself and the method of its placing is similar to the photo of ARB radio receiver from "In Detail&Scale" of Squadron Signal, bat this unit is mounted higher. May be it is mounted above ASB units?

I probably won't have a chance to scan the book until Tuesday. Funny thing about this scanner: For PDF output, it gets the four pages two at a time into two 500K files. When I extract each 500K PDF, I get a 5 Megabyte JPG. I can crop a bit and the result is about a 2 to 2.5 MB JPG file for each page. This is what happened when I scanned from this book last week.

What is the prefered format for an upload? I will probably break them down into 4 JPEG files for personal use (So I can print individual pages).

- Ivan.

If you have a photo editor like Photoshop or Paintshop Pro (there are lots around), you need to resize the image jpg to about 800 pixels across by whatever down. This should reduce the image to an acceptable size. My scanner has a setup screen that allows for a change the resolution when scanning. About 200-300 dpi is probably about all you will need. HTH

Cheers

Peter

Hi Ivan

I can give you a piece of advice. For the best quality of a picture in scan setting you should select greyscale mode. The pictures you have shown were scanned in black and white mode. And it is possible to reduce resolution to 150-200 dpi.
The material is very interesting, but unfortinately there is no information about my question (about the second cockpit) in it.
Thank you for your attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back