TBM-3H - what was it? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

yosimitesam

Airman 1st Class
Aug 8, 2010
Huntingdon, TN
Re: Radar and the TBM/TBF, particularly TBM-3. I can find lots of info on TBM-3D/-3E with APS-4 radar, etc. There is even some info on the -3J (all-weather) version. However, all that I can find about the TBM-3H simply states that it was "a version with special surface search radar." Does anyone have any photos or information on this particular model? Were there just a handful made? What was the "special" surfaced search radar? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks to all.

Re: Radar and the TBM/TBF, particularly TBM-3. I can find lots of info on TBM-3D/-3E with APS-4 radar, etc. There is even some info on the -3J (all-weather) version. However, all that I can find about the TBM-3H simply states that it was "a version with special surface search radar." Does anyone have any photos or information on this particular model? Were there just a handful made? What was the "special" surfaced search radar? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks to all.

Very interesting question, I did a quick search and nothing other then what you said. I don't know much about radar but hopefully someone has the answer. Welcome aboard by the way!!!!

I have nine books on the TBM and no mention of an H. A list of the variants made, again no mention of H...

tbm3.jpg

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back