Terrorist Profiling...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

we should not profile muslim looking fellows unless we think most terrorists are likely to be muslims ..but wait ,most terrorists lately are kinda arabic looking arent they ...well we wouldnt want to hurt anyones feelings so lets keep searching retired schoolmarms from iowa and nordic looking backpackers from europe, sure ,that makes sense ...

Its the two things missing with the government and the liberals - rational thought and logic.

I'm sure if 9/11 was carried out by Swedish terrorists we'd be stopping every blonde haired, blue eyed mook at the borders. (No afront to those from Sweden- just pulled a country outta my head...arse...somewhere.)

Attachments

• 06.08.24.Profiled-X.gif
    06.08.24.Profiled-X.gif
    45.6 KB · Views: 79
The problem with the list of terrorist offences committed by Muslims is it's a very selective list. For an example, here's a list from a British perspective:

In 1972, 22 bombs were set off in Belfast in one day, killing 10 people, by: (a) A disabled Rabbi (b) Christians on their way to the Holy Land (c) A retired group of tourists (d) Irish catholics

In 1972, a small village in Northern Ireland was bombed, killing 9 people, by: (a) A disabled Rabbi (b) Christians on their way to the Holy Land (c) A retired group of tourists (d) Irish catholics

In 1974, 21 people were killed by bombs placed in pubs in Birmingham, by: (a) A disabled Rabbi (b) Christians on their way to the Holy Land (c) A retired group of tourists (d) Irish catholics

In 1976, 10 civilians were taken off a bus, lined up at the side of the road, and shot, by: (a) A disabled Rabbi (b) Christians on their way to the Holy Land (c) A retired group of tourists (d) Irish catholics

In 1978, a restaurant was firebombed with home made napalm, killing 12 diners, by: (a) A disabled Rabbi (b) Christians on their way to the Holy Land (c) A retired group of tourists (d) Irish catholics

In 1982, a Household Cavalry band was bombed in London, killing 11 people, by: (a) A disabled Rabbi (b) Christians on their way to the Holy Land (c) A retired group of tourists (d) Irish catholics

In 1982 17 people were killed when a bar was blown up by: (a) A disabled Rabbi (b) Christians on their way to the Holy Land (c) A retired group of tourists (d) Irish catholics

In 1983 6 people were killed by a bomb outside Harrods in London in the run up to Christmas, planted by: (a) A disabled Rabbi (b) Christians on their way to the Holy Land (c) A retired group of tourists (d) Irish catholics

In 1984 the Conservative party conference in Brighton was bombed, killing 5 people, by: (a) A disabled Rabbi (b) Christians on their way to the Holy Land (c) A retired group of tourists (d) Irish catholics

In 1987 11 people were killed by a bomb at a remembrance day parade, planted by: (a) A disabled Rabbi (b) Christians on their way to the Holy Land (c) A retired group of tourists (d) Irish catholics

In 1990 2 Australian tourists were shot dead in the Netherlands by: (a) A disabled Rabbi (b) Christians on their way to the Holy Land (c) A retired group of tourists (d) Irish catholics

In 1998 28 people were killed by a car bomb in Omagh, planted by: (a) A disabled Rabbi (b) Christians on their way to the Holy Land (c) A retired group of tourists (d) Irish catholics

That's just a small subset of attacks, of course. Now, should Britain profile Irish catholics? How do you think the US congress would have reacted to that?

And there's another point the list misses. If you look at Israel's experience, many of the suicide bombings carried out against it in Lebanon were by women, not men, and most were not by Islamic groups but by Marxist ones. Also, one of the biggest terrorist attacks ever in Israel, the Lod airport massacre, was carried out by 3 Japanese Marxists. They got through airport security very easily, because they didn't fit the profile they were looking for.

That's the big danger of profiling, and it's even more the case in the west, where Al Qaeda has attracted Europeans, Africans, Arabs and Indians/Pakistanis to its banner.

Just look at some of the Al Qaeda terrorists currently in prison in the US:

Richard Reed. Half white, half Jamaican
Jose Padilla. Latino
John Walker Lindh. White

What about the perpetrators of the second worst terrorist attack in America. Would Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols have been the focus of profiling?

The problem with looking for someone who fits a profile is you pay less attention to those who do not.

Still the majority of terrorist attacks conducted today against the west are by Islamic fanatics and happen to be Muslims. I cant say I disagree with profiling.

The problem with looking for someone who fits a profile is you pay less attention to those who do not

I agree except... either the extremists are too dumb or too smart because this country steps all over itself when it comes to minorities that it doesn't matter. Are they smart enough to realize the ACLU will attack anyone who profiles which leaves screeners alittle hesitatnt?

Of course they could be too dumb to see this and go blindly on for Allah.

hey ...did you hear about the two gay irish terrorists , patrick fitzgerald and gerald fitzpatrick ...anyway ,yes in the uk in the seventies it would have made sense to profile irish catolic men age 22 to 45 (gay or not ) nowadays in the usa and even prolly the uk it makes more sense to profile muslim men 22 to 45 ....the odd reeds and padillas might slip through the net . profileing is not expected to be foolproof ...but not profileing is certainly FOOLish ...

Profiling... Well being the victim of it myself.. in a murder case no less.. back when I was 17.. (Thank GOD the witness got a good enough look at the suspect to see that I was not him and didnt resemble him, but I DID fit the profile... otherwise my life could have been totally different..) I have to say that in the current situation... I'd have to agree with it. The thing is though that it is not a panacea... and after a while those bent on anarchy will find other ways to do their thing... but in the mean time the facts are as they are... and I just don't think I would be alarmed by the 65 year old grandpa in the wheelchair... unless of course he had a copy of the Koran tucked under his arm...

(1) We need profiling to preempt terrorists. TRUTH
(2) Profiling DOES infringe on some rights. ALSO CORRECT.

So...how do we square the circle???

Unless we face the painful truth, that the actual terrorist poses more danger to society than the theoretical dictator who may climb and stay in power through methods such as profiling, we will simply argue in absolute, divorced from reality theoretical stands, around and around and around.

Now, the democracies of the world have a long and strong democratic tradition, and IMHO it will take more than just profiling, some eavesdropping on conversations, or some warrantless searches to turn them into instant third world or old soviet or nazi dicatorships...

...while those practics, so abhorrent to liberals everywhere, might JUST be the thing that saves them to have grandchildren who grow up to be liberals...

...or even, heheheh, neo-cons.

Ah, old is gold.

Psst...I was, and still mostly am, an admirer of Tricky Dick (Nixon)...way better, IMHO, than sticky dick (Clinton)...

Yep I know...

Resurrecting an old Slick Willie joke:

"Why did the Judge throw out the Paula Jones Case?"
"She refused to believe that a woman with a 4 inch nose could have give a blow job to a guy with a 3 inch dick!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back