The 25 greatest westerns of all time?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OMG Parmigiano. All of Sergio's movies, especially those with Clint Eastwood are HUGE here in the states. Two things made Clint as big as he is......the spaghetti westerns and Dirty Harry. Often on some channels here, they will show Clint's westerns all day.

I've got the triology on special edition DVD's and Once Upon a Time In The West and some of Eastwoods later westerns too....Django isn't bad either with Franco Nero. 8)

Whew, Boy, here goes------ Just to name a few, The Wild Bunch, Ride The High Country, both by Sam Peckinpaw. The cavalry trilogy, Fort Apache, Rio Grande, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, all by John Ford. Lonely Are the Brave, a little known one with Kirk Douglas and Walter Matthau. One Eyed Jacks directed by Marlon Brando and Viva Zapata with Anthony Quinn and Marlon Brando. Modern---Lonesome Dove(made for TV and probably the best thing ever shown on TV.) Open Range, Tombstone, Silverado. Another about Wyatt Earp, Hour of the Gun and of course Gunfight at the OK Corral and the classic, My Darling Clementine. True Grit, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Jerimiah Johnson, Rio Bravo. There are many more but my pick for the best western and possibly the best film ever made, The Searchers, with Shane a close second. I have seen all those movies, some many times and the last two, perhaps 15 times.

Some great movies mentioned here guys. Some of my favs are-
The good, the bad and the ugly )all time favourite!)
A fistful of dollars
For a few dollars more
Two mules for sister Sara, in fact I like all of Clint's Westerns
Death rides a horse (Lee Van Cleef rocks :cool: )
Butch cassidy and the Sundance kid
Django
Mannaja
Once upon a time in the west
The wild bunch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back