The best WWII Flight Simulator ever! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good graphics does not make "The best WWII Flight Simulator ever". The graphics from the video do look quite good, but it's the actual game play that will tell the tale.

I agree with you Thorlifter, but believe me they are in the very good way to have it as an excellent sim anyway.
And the graphics gives such a deep immersion in the game that you just miss the smell of gas...

Is this the version of "Storm of War" that was never released or something that only plays on Playstation or some other console game?

Is this the version of "Storm of War" that was never released or something that only plays on Playstation or some other console game?

Storm of War is still in development. I can´t wait for it...
Here a few links to some late screenshots:

Official 1C Company forum - View Single Post - Oleg Maddox's News

For me the todays best WW2 Flight Simulator is still: IL2 1946 with the IL2 Ultrapack and some other addons.

Last edited:
Storm of War is still in development. I can´t wait for it...
Here a few links to some late screenshots:

For me the todays best WW2 Flight Simulator is still: IL2 1946 with the IL2 Ultrapack and some other addons.

Ok, so when is it goiing to come out? It's been something like 5 years this thing has been in development. What's up? Why the delay? When is it coming out, if ever?

That´s an interresting question... i don´t know:oops:
But as Oleg is posting nearly every Week new updates there seems to be a Chance of it getting released in 2010..
But only God (or Oleg) knews.

That´s an interresting question... i don´t know:oops:
But as Oleg is posting nearly every Week new updates there seems to be a Chance of it getting released in 2010..
But only God (or Oleg) knews.

Thanks for the reply Surf, but at this point, I'll believe it when I see it (on Amazon).

Better you do it like you say, than waiting and waiting and waiting and....Time over ...
I am still waiting and probably die but its better than playing War on FSX!:twisted:

Better you do it like you say, than waiting and waiting and waiting and....Time over ...
I am still waiting and probably die but its better than playing War on FSX!:twisted:

I hear ya', it's brutal. I think SOW was supposed to be out back in '06. Probably end up giving WOP a shot. Evidently, I have time on my hands:lol:

These games just done come out over night, they have to keep testing everthing to make sure it works properly. Nothing more of a pain then people constantly wanting it out, then when they do release it, and it doesnt work properly, they complain cause its crapy and has alot of bugs.

I agree and understand what your saying BP and Wheels, but the BOB aspect of Oleg's IL2 series has been out there for years and still no game. I think the original date was 2006 and now it's 2010. The changes coming now are as much from improvements in Graphics, power, memory, ect.,

The enemy of perfect is good enough. And as some point, during some year, he has to say, "OK, let's put it out and see what comes back".

These games just done come out over night, they have to keep testing everthing to make sure it works properly. Nothing more of a pain then people constantly wanting it out, then when they do release it, and it doesnt work properly, they complain cause its crapy and has alot of bugs.
You´re absoluteley right. For myself i can say that i am ready to wait a Year or more for it to be released...:rolleyes:
When this new Simulator has the Potential like his antecessor (googled for this word:oops:), than we can expect
Years of Fun and new stuff. IL2 1946 is how old? 4 Years? Forgotten Battles is still older...but there are every Day new Mods coming out of the Community.
So im happy with a modded IL2 1946 on the Harddisc and with a future release of SOW in my Head. :p

Also computers are constantly upgraded, and as they do the developers change the game some to take advantage of the new powerful computers. Just wanted to throw that in there as well.

Also, I cant wait till it comes out either:lol:

Wings of Prey looks good but from what I head, its Simulation aspects are very minimal compared with Il2.

As for BoB Storm of War, I'll believe it when I see it. The screen shots Oleg shows of planes and equipment do look stunning, but to be honest some of the recent mods of Il2 planes look almost that good. The proof to me will be in how the overall environment looks, and we have not seen much in that regard.

Also, since BOB SOW is focused on one campaign only, it will really need to add an immersive offline campaign system to make up for the limited number of flyable planes, etc. That is the one failing off all the IL2 games - the absence of a character-driven campaign featuring people we care about - including ourselves. Here's hoping BOB SOW breaks truly new ground in this regard. Otherwise, I am afraid many of us will keep playing modded versions of Il2 1946 long after BOB SOW has come and gone.

Anybody know how to get IL2 to work on Vista? Or if any of the IL2 games will play on Vista? Tried loading Pacific and nothing happened.

Will 1946 work on Vista?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back