The best WWII Flight Simulator ever!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have 1946 On Vista 64 and It runs fine. Try installing as a Administrator, and running it also that way. I have never had any trouble so far.

I agree and understand what your saying BP and Wheels, but the BOB aspect of Oleg's IL2 series has been out there for years and still no game. I think the original date was 2006 and now it's 2010. The changes coming now are as much from improvements in Graphics, power, memory, ect.,

The enemy of perfect is good enough. And as some point, during some year, he has to say, "OK, let's put it out and see what comes back".

I think Oleg and team had to start over from scratch sometime during mid-development. From what I understand they started to build "SoW BoB" on the original IL2 engine...sometime after they started they realized the limitations of the old game engine and they decided to start all over again, and they set to work building a new engine that could take better advantage of current (and future) technology's....this is what set the release date back.

Anybody know how to get IL2 to work on Vista? Or if any of the IL2 games will play on Vista? Tried loading Pacific and nothing happened.

Will 1946 work on Vista?

Yes. It worked fine on mine. Pacific Fighters and 1946 for sure. I've heard that some folks who upgraded from XP found that their previously installed copies of PF didn't work, but if you installed the games fresh on a new Vista machine you shouldn't have any problems.

I've heard of problems with 7 also.

Thanks for the advice Zoom and Beau, I'll give it a whirl. Might even pick up a copy of 1946 and give it a shot. Although the weather is starting to change and that usually means I'm outside more often than in. Might have to wait another 4 months for the dog days of summer to push me inside.

Heard Oleg has to get a game out. Shooting for September of this year. Pretty much SOW or bust.

I'm stuck on the mission where you need to shoot down german transport planes with an Il-2 Sturmovik...

Anyways, I think it is a really good simulation.

you probably got through it by now...but just incase you havent. you have to make sure you give commands to your wing men every flight of transport you hit. use you map to get the flight thats closest and hit them first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back