The Day the Music Died

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

May they rest in peace....so many of them died young. Eddie Cochran, Johnny Burnette, Ricky Nelson.... I can't help but wonder if the music would have been any different today, if they were all still around?

May they rest in peace....so many of them died young. Eddie Cochran, Johnny Burnette, Ricky Nelson.... I can't help but wonder if the music would have been any different today, if they were all still around?

Probably not Lucky but there sure would have been more GREAT "Golden Oldies" for us to listen to.:(

Flyboy...upon reading the thread name i assumed you´d be referring to abominations such as those nigthmares called Britney spears, spice girls of shakiras. Forgive me, oh Lord, for all my sins. If i were the head of any Church, the sole mention of those names should be added to the list of Cardinal Sins, so we´d have 8 of those.

As for those abhorrent unholy "Spice Girls"...shame on the UK. Utter impropriety. One could have a hard time processing the notion one nation that has produced the majority of the greatest musical icons (Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, Stones, Iron Maiden, Beatles and a long etcetera) in history could at the same time spawn such an offensive worthless crap.

Fun stuff Udet - BTW I thought of you the other day - heard "Achilles Last Stand" on the way home - I felt compelled to drive at a high rate of speed.

Flyboy...ahhhh!

"Achilles Last Stand" huh? What a formidable piece of material. I agree with you there...even if i do not have a car to drive here, i get an adrenaline rush everytime i play it. Next time i go to London, i wish i´d come across any of the bandmembers and you know what i´ll do? I will SERIOUSLY thank him for having made a song like that.

Watch out for the cops though, or you´ll get a ticket. hahaha

Flyboy...ahhhh!

"Achilles Last Stand" huh? What a formidable piece of material. I agree with you there...even if i do not have a car to drive here, i get an adrenaline rush everytime i play it. Next time i go to London, i wish i´d come across any of the bandmembers and you know what i´ll do? I will SERIOUSLY thank him for having made a song like that.
Thank them for me as well.....

Watch out for the cops though, or you´ll get a ticket. hahaha

:evil4:

When I was in my 20s I used to drive my GTX at 120 mph listening to that song!!!!

Flyboy...upon reading the thread name i assumed you´d be referring to abominations such as those nigthmares called Britney spears, spice girls of shakiras. Forgive me, oh Lord, for all my sins. If i were the head of any Church, the sole mention of those names should be added to the list of Cardinal Sins, so we´d have 8 of those.

As for those abhorrent unholy "Spice Girls"...shame on the UK. Utter impropriety. One could have a hard time processing the notion one nation that has produced the majority of the greatest musical icons (Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, Stones, Iron Maiden, Beatles and a long etcetera) in history could at the same time spawn such an offensive worthless crap.

Agreed 100% Udet!! Talking of Queen, lets not forget the late great Freddie Mercury. Like him or hate him, the man was a music legend - a one of a kind. I was to young to see them live, unfortunately I've missed out on something great. Where's a time machine when you need one??:D

Indeed.....if I had a time machine I'd have done something so that Buddy Holly, Big Bopper and Richie Valens couldn't take off that night...."fix" Eddie Cochran's car so that he couldn't drive that night, sunk Johnny Burnette's boat so that was unable to fish and drown, have Ricky Nelsons aircraft under repair to keep him grounded, keep Del Shannon busy so that he wouldn't hang himself....boy, I'd be busy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back