The Day the Music Died

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It struck me as sad though that there was not something more permanent out thee though. the farmer that owns the field is very tolerant of people walking though his field down the to site. he usually leaves a lane between his crops and the fence wide enough for people to walk down. My uncle whose last name is the same as the family who owns the field, recently got a call from NASCAR driver Rusty Wallace a few weeks ago asking for permission to go out in the field to get to the site.

I believe there is a small memorial or plaque in Clear Lake at the Surf Ballroom where they played that fateful night, too bad there needs to be something more out in the field.

Last night was the weekly meeting at the Kalamazoo Model RR Club. The layout is set for the year 1960. So on a hillside, we placed a model airplane to commemorate this tragic event. The airplane is the correct style an "N" registration number. I know this isn't a "flat" corn field. The important thing is we remember.

So here are the four pictures I took last night.

Bill G.

Attachments

• BH-1.jpg
    BH-1.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 160
  • BH-2.jpg
    BH-2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 154
  • BH-3.jpg
    BH-3.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 153
  • BH-4.jpg