The Devil's Brigade

Discussion in 'Non-fiction' started by RabidAlien, Nov 14, 2010.

1. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Active Member

IT
    Just finished this one (authors Robert H. Adleman and George Walton). An excellent read, giving a lot of insight into the formation of the First Special Service Force, Geoffery Pyke, and Robert Frederick (the originator of the concept of an elite multi-national force, and the first commanding officer who welded the force together and saw it through most of its battles in Italy). Overall...an EXCELLENT read!

Amazon.com: The Devil's Brigade (9781591140047): Robert H. Adleman, George H. Walton: Books: Reviews, Prices more

2. michaelmaltby

michaelmaltby Well-Known Member

3. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Active Member

IT
    Heh...kinda figured you'd respond, glad to hear you liked the book too! :thumbleft:

4. drgondog

drgondog Well-Known Member

Executive, Consulting
    I thought it was a good history but liked Black Devil Brigade by Springer better from a historical POV (it had my uncle Joe Hilsman in it)..

5. javlin

javlin Well-Known Member

Mgr
    When I saw Devils Brigade my mind went to the "The Devils Guard" Amazon.com: Devil's Guard (9780440120148): George Robert Elford: Books a book I read many years ago and may have to buy again.Bill it has always been touted to be base on truth but I have only heard one person mention something of the Joesph character as being real outside the realm of the book on another board.:dontknow: I might have to get this Devil Brigade after I finish Brad Thors though.Cheers

6. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Active Member

IT
    If you've seen the movie "Devil's Brigade" (The Devil's Brigade (1968) - IMDb), its script is pretty dang close to the book. For a movie that Bollockswood cobbled together in the late 60's, that actually surprised me.