The Devil's Brigade

RabidAlien

1st Lieutenant
6,533
14
Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Location
Hurst, Texas
Just finished this one (authors Robert H. Adleman and George Walton). An excellent read, giving a lot of insight into the formation of the First Special Service Force, Geoffery Pyke, and Robert Frederick (the originator of the concept of an elite multi-national force, and the first commanding officer who welded the force together and saw it through most of its battles in Italy). Overall...an EXCELLENT read!


Amazon.com: The Devil's Brigade (9781591140047): Robert H. Adleman, George H. Walton: Books: Reviews, Prices more
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I thought it was a good history but liked Black Devil Brigade by Springer better from a historical POV (it had my uncle Joe Hilsman in it)..
 
When I saw Devils Brigade my mind went to the "The Devils Guard" Amazon.com: Devil's Guard (9780440120148): George Robert Elford: Books a book I read many years ago and may have to buy again.Bill it has always been touted to be base on truth but I have only heard one person mention something of the Joesph character as being real outside the realm of the book on another board.:dontknow: I might have to get this Devil Brigade after I finish Brad Thors though.Cheers
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back