The Focke-Wulf Fw 200

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

johnbr

2nd Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2006
London Ontario Canada
Fw-200.jpg
Fw200 c-3.jpg
Focke-Wulf_Fw_200_i.jpg
Fw_200.jpg
FW200-Condor-7.jpg

What's up with the shorter starboard inner engine mount?

Found the same photo in "Luftwaffe at War - Airwar over the Atlantic". Got excited when the caption started, "This out of the ordinary view shows...........". It then goes on to say, ".....the upper surfaces of a Fw 200C-3. Note the MG 131 gun position on the fuselage.It is possible that this aircraft was one of the first of some forty long-range armed reconnaissance and combat aircraft produced but Focke-Wulf. The dotted lines on the wings mark "No Step" lines" Seriously!! This is the only photo I could find of the shortened mount and they mention "No Step" lines. Maybe the mention of C-3 will help someone find the info

EDIT: Again, found the same photo in "Luftwaffe Colours - Sea Eagles Vol.2". Stunned I is at this caption...

Capture.JPG

Apparently wing walk lines are for more important

Last edited:
Thanks Geo.

I've looked at it closer and my eyes have deceived me. That is in fact the outer engine. The inner one on the right side can just be seen over the edge of the fuselage, the cowl flaps just behind the antenna mast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back