The Greatest Fighter Pilot in WW II??? (1 Viewer)

The Best Ace???

• Ivan Kozhedub

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Erich Hartmann

• Constantine Cantacuzine

• Richard Bong

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believa we have a armed recon. vehicle called the warrier, the same type of thing as the scorpion and it's family....................

There are many pilots from World War 2 that you can call the greatest. But when you take into account that young pilot had very little training and was flying for a lost cause, Eric Hartman is by far the greatest.

Attachments

• erich_hartman.jpg
    erich_hartman.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 678
I dont think you can qualify the case for greatest pilot on statistics. There could have been several pilots that would have been phenomenal, but were lost on one of their first sorties due to a trivial matter such as plane failure.

That is very true. All the pilots of World War 2 were great pilots in one way or another. Especially because they would dare to get into the cockpit.

Attachments

• heinz_bar.gif
    heinz_bar.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 660
The other things u have to take into account when cosidering the best is:

Quality of opposition
Quality of ur aircraft
Comparisons between the 2

There were many great German pilots, and many great American and British pilots.....

But Russian pilots had the whole deck stacked against them.... The 2nd leading Soviet Ace flew a damn Aircobra for christsakes.... Against -190's and -109's.... Thats insane, and proves that having 300 kills over some poor, uneducated Russian farm boys flying crap planes who havent even started shaving is not all that impressive...

Get 300 kills in Europe and Ill be impressed to no end....

No, if you aim low you have more to succeed in, therefore you feel happier because you have far surpassed your target. If you aim high, you have a lot to live up to and even if you acheive that goal you have few targets to set yourself :D

Yeah...and there isnt anything bad about being homeless, i believe there is a whole race who live like this...I like to call them Brummies ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back