Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Erich Hartmann

• Constantine Cantacuzine

• Richard Bong

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess when you have seen things up close and personal, you get cold to it. I took one look and wondered what the caliber of weapon that hit the perp was. Looks messy like a .50 cal, but the windshield holes don't look big enough for .50. It's been awhile, so my ballistic expertise is rusty. Plus I was just a comm guy in the AF, but I was working on "have-quick" radios in the early 80s, when there were only a few of us that knew them. Hence, we got to fly everywhere they needed have quicks. I can tell you, they weren't in nice, fun places. Because of that, I got to know way more about the world than I cared to. But you know.

I don't regret it, and am glad that there are guys today like Adler to carry on the torch. Dan and I raise a toast to you.

Yeah we have some pics that were taken on one of our air assaults over here in Iraq and they are just out right plain nasty. I wont post them but the damage was done by our M-60D's that we use as door guns on our Blackhawks and when I saw the bodies I will admit it I almost threw up. War is deffinatly nasty. We picked up a soldier a couple of months ago who was hit by a road side bomb, he was alive and going to make a full recovery but his arm looked like it had gone through a meat grinder. These things I will never forget.

Well ofcourse there are others. Galland, Marseille, and Nowotny were great and there were many others that were just as great or better but you cant list every great ace there are too many.

worth a mention though, all of his 38 kills were against single engined fighters, making him the highest scoring ace of WWII, and in 515 sorties, he was holed only once...............

if you make a list of the aces with their kills broken down to plane types, he has the highest number of single engined fighter kills with 100% of hill kills coming from single engined planes, that's how it was done on one show, i know he doesn't have the highest number of kills, not by a long shot, but he has the kills where it counts............

Yeah but others like Hartmann, Marsielle, Barr and even other allied aces had shot down more single engine aircraft. I dont think you can go by percentage. A kill is a kill.

Yeah but others like Hartmann, Marsielle, Barr and even other allied aces had shot down more single engine aircraft

not according to the stats, anywho, i've got some logs to shift and some new British Mk.4 assult boots to try out, see you soon......

So ur saying that Erich Hartmann scrored less than 38 Fighter Kills???

Marseille had more that 38 fighters destroyed.... So did Kozhedub....

Gerhard Barkhorn shot down over 40 Fighters from 5/16/42 - 7/22/42....

Dont know where u got that info... Unless ur referring to the fact that 100% of his kills were fighters...
all of his 38 kills were against single engined fighters, making him the highest scoring ace of WWII.

That is not a requirement when it comes to highest scoring ace... U know better than that Lanc... Did u just wake up or something??? Not thinking level???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back