Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Erich Hartmann

• Constantine Cantacuzine

• Richard Bong

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were definitely a class unto themselves. They had to be infinitely more patient than a typical fighter pilot, with the steadiness of a bomber jock.
Brave guys, if you ask me!

The problem with examining PR pilots is that there is relatively little information on them. Also, how do you compare them? Granted merely comparing kills is an imperfect method of comparing fighter pilots but at least it does allow for some form of comparision.

Well we could compare who reconed the most significant thing in the war! No I just kidding. You are correct Lightning guy, atleast with fighter pilots you can compare who had the most kills or something. It is very hard to find info on PR pilots.

You could make a case for Harman. But he seems like too obvious a pick. You also have to remember that it was a long time before he scored any kills.

Hartmann did get himself brought down several times by being hit by the debri from the enemy aircraft. Not that that makes him a bad fighter pilot. Erich is for me the best ever. He was so young but yet so eager to fly and fight. When he started no one expected him to last very long but he proved them wrong and wrong again. Yes it took him a long time to start getting kills but once they started coming no one cought up to him. He is the ace of aces. My second favorite is Heinz Bar, who was also one of the leading Me-262 aces of the war.

I have always been interested in this man and pilot and enjoy learning about his Luftwaffe career.

Attachments

• bar1_163.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 458
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread