The Guns We Own (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My apologies.
I did not understand the crazy legal restrictions you have in your state.
I am not sure how shooters survive in a place like that. It doesn't really change my opinion of centerfire versus rimfire guns though.
When I shot rimfire, it was to develop speed and reflexes with something affordable.

Our opinions get formed by things we have seen and experienced. When you mention heavy hitters, I am thinking something suitable for hunting Elk or Buffalo. Not sure how well I would tolerate the recoil of those guns these days. I don't have anywhere near the kind of muscle I did a decade or two ago. Age is a B&TCH!
My heavy hitters include a Marlin .444 and a Savage .300 as well as various other centerfire.

Touching back on my head-on collision back in 2013, which saw me flat-lined twice between the incident and the hospital (read: I died twice), I suffered both lungs collapsed, left lung "blown out", seven compound fractured ribs with eleven extended fractured ribs, split and separated sternum, severed left collarbone, dislocated left shoulder, advanced fractured L5 vertebrae, clean break right Talus, massive subdural hematoma, extensive nerve damage and dislocated internal organs.

So, in light of my destroyed body, shouldered centerfire weapons beyond .223 or .410 smoothbore cause incredible pain and discomfort. Trust me.

If I were in a life or death situation, I would not hesitate to unlimber the big-bores for generating pink mist, but for an enjoyable day at the range, rimfire is my primary go-to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back