The Here, Now (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lebanon totters ....

When the retired veterans join the populists .... it is serious ..... Berlin.,1918; Leningrad 1917, America .. Canada .. current.
China would love to own Lebanon.

... waking up
... with a compromised basement.
:salute:
I think the devil is in the details with this one: who phoned who, the quality of the wire tap, and whether the translation from Mandarin was accurate. I fail to understand how delaying the "two Michaels" release was a benefit to the Liberals.

I think the devil is in the details with this one: who phoned who, the quality of the wire tap, and whether the translation from Mandarin was accurate. I fail to understand how delaying the "two Michaels" release was a benefit to the Liberals.
.... transcripts show what Dong said, they don't convey nuance, i.e. "Councillor, while I urge you to release the 2 Miichaels, if that were to happen right now, you know what party would gain the most, don't you? Just saying, as a friend ..."
This business has been going on for years

.... transcripts show what Dong said, they don't convey nuance, i.e. "Councillor, while I urge you to release the 2 Miichaels, if that were to happen right now, you know what party would gain the most, don't you? Just saying, as a friend ..."
This business has been going on for years
Please show me a link to that exact text. I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

I searched for the text above "transcripts show what Dong said, they don't convey nuance" and get a hit for this site only.

Please show me a link to that exact text. I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

I searched for the text above "transcripts show what Dong said, they don't convey nuance" and get a hit for this site only.
I did not claim the text is Dong's ... I prefaced my text with : "i.e.," ... (for example) , and nuance is nuance, sometimes you have to see/hear it..

Dong running back-channel on the 2 Michaels with a CCP Consul Gereral, with whom he is a good friend, creates a picture that doesn't leave Canadians with confidence.
Re-read my post, please.

I did not claim the text is Dong's ... I prefaced my text with : "i.e.," ... (for example) , and nuance is nuance, sometimes you have to see/hear it..

Dong running back-channel on the 2 Michaels with a CCP Consul Gereral, with whom he is a good friend, creates a picture that doesn't leave Canadians with confidence.
Re-read my post, please.
This is what you said "transcripts show what Dong said, they don't convey nuance" So what do the transcripts say? That's all that counts. Not My opinion and not yours. Especially, when to my knowledge the transcript of that conversation has not been made public.

People are jumping all over Dong when no one knows anything. Including the reporter from Global who "broke" the story.

Jim

Last edited:
"If people are "jumping all over Dong" then that is an understandable reaction .... CCP cop Stations in Canada, cop station in Toronto, in Scarborough .,.,. "Service Center s" haha.
Maybe Canadians would like Mr. Dong to ask his official friend about that!!!.

Are you not the least bit disturbed by this, JDC?
mm

Last edited:
"If people are "jumping all over Dong" then that is an understandable reaction .... CCP cop Stations in Canada, cop station in Toronto, in Scarborough .,.,. "Service Center s" haha.
Maybe Canadians would like Mr. Dong to ask his official friend about that!!!.

Are you not the least bit disturbed by this, JDC?
mm
You know what I want? I want the truth! If Dong did what you allege he did—that's a serious problem! But if the true situation is: a CSIS individual with an axe to grind and a political agenda leaks uncertain information to a Global news reporter who has not done due diligence, then that's a problem. A serious problem! There is "likelihood" (read assigned probability) that either outcome could be true.

Remember transcripts of this alleged conversation have not been made public.

It is interesting that this news item has gone silent right now, including on the political front. I'll bet there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

…and for the record, I have serious concerns with both Trudeau and Porlieve.

Jim

Last edited:
JD
You need to look at what happened in Australia about ten years back. What is happening in Canada now is a repeat of what the Chinese were doing here around then. Deeper research here found that a politician who was spouting Beijing's lines was having his legal and other bills paid for by the CCP. We now have laws to theoretically stop this but politicians being such dishonest !@#$%^&* they quickly found ways around the laws. One new federal liar was a CCP committee member until a short time ago.

I have no doubt that Canada will find CCP influence that goes back years if they look.

... there is a great perception gap between China the sovereign STATE and China, the culture, that is an historical continuum There is no morality, or guilt in China, only Zen and punishment. The 'nation' the CCP seeks to court is the Chinese diaspora worldwide. Here in Toronto, independent Chinese media are coerced by the CCP with advertising $$$ and filler stories. Our business elite see no danger in deals with the CCP.
Australia got nailed for asking Beijing to launch a thorough investigation of the Wuhan lab leak- COVID 19.

Last edited:

of course the CCP isn't too bad ... if the N Koreans were running things, Kim would just kidnap people off the street, the gansta way

... and maybe it's getting time for the street to take out Kim. He's hoping to back Putin ....

He sees what a player S Korea is ... wah :cool:

Last edited:
The Japanese goverment seems to understand it as an invitation sign from China.
Japanese Minster of Foreign Affairs Yoshimasa Hayashi will visit Beijing this week.
He is one of the pro-Chinese politicians.

How could anyone in Japan even consider being pro-Chinese??

They make a group to issue statements like -

Minister of Foreign Affairs Hayashi: "Over the past 50 years, Japan-China relations have made great progress. "The progress of Japan-China relations has been brought about by the tireless efforts of the people of both countries. It's a duty to your descendants."

Former Prime Minister Fukuda (keynote speech): "Relationships of trust have been shaken, and the gap between distrust seems to be deepening. Through reinforcement, we should develop a better understanding of what the other is trying to do and build the foundation of trust we need for cooperation."

Former Speaker of the House of Representatives Kono: "It was extremely difficult for Japan to normalize diplomatic relations with the people of China, which had been invading, ruling, and causing trouble for a long time." I would like to ask you to never forget the feelings of your great predecessors and make further efforts to advance bilateral relations."

If I may add, Japan's LDP has a bitter experience in 1972 when Nixon visited China without notification to Japan suddenly.
Keeping the connection with China is like an insurance in diplomacy.

Mao and Nixon in 1972
Nixon_Mao_1972.jpg

Source: Internet

If I may add, Japan's LDP has a bitter experience in 1972 when Nixon visited China without notification to Japan suddenly.
Keeping the connection with China is like an insurance in diplomacy.

Mao and Nixon in 1972…
Source: Internet
It was right around the time of Nixon's visit, that the "Sino-Soviet Split" was at its zenith. I wonder how long China and Russia will be best buds? They have a long-standing series of grievances going on between them. Underlying distrust.

Jim

Australia got nailed for asking Beijing to launch a thorough investigation of the Wuhan lab leak- COVID 19.

The incident I was referring to predates covid by two years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back