The Here, Now (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is where it gets technical:

Taiwan IS the official China.

The Communists and the Nationalists (with the support of Imperialists) fought for control of post Imperial China with a temporary truce to fight Japan.
After the war, the two factions went at it again but the Nationalists (who were the internationally recognized government of China) had to retreat to Formosa (modern day Taiwan).

So Taiwan is the real China.

I know. Don't bother me with facts. I just want to rattle Xi's cage.
On a more serious note, many people on Taiwan consider themselves to be Taiwanese. I'm sure I read it on a link from a link from an article posted here.

I know. Don't bother me with facts. I just want to rattle Xi's cage.
On a more serious note, many people on Taiwan consider themselves to be Taiwanese. I'm sure I read it on a link from a link from an article posted here.
Aboriginals .... the natives ... fought the Japanese guerrilla-style before WW1. The ROC Army values these guys as scouts today, IIRC.

This is where it gets technical:

Taiwan IS the official China.

The Communists and the Nationalists (with the support of Imperialists) fought for control of post Imperial China with a temporary truce to fight Japan.
After the war, the two factions went at it again but the Nationalists (who were the internationally recognized government of China) had to retreat to Formosa (modern day Taiwan).

So Taiwan is the real China.
Well from the US perspective (and reflected elsewhere by most countries), there is this related to U.S. foreign policy in relation to China:

Image 16-4-2023 at 4.04 am.jpg

Source: China - Countries - Office of the Historian

What if Taiwan said "Uhh, after some thought, we decided we are Taiwanese, not Chinese (as in the box you check off for nationality).
I doubt they will go that far given mainland China is still Taiwan's biggest trading partner despite the 'fun and games':

A few years back I was working on my 1999 Tacoma pickup in the front yard, only to have them hold an airshow overhead.

Well, today I was working on my 1997 Celica and .... guess what?

View attachment 716046View attachment 716047

Your cars are getting older faster than you are!!!!!!!!!!!

Great photos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back