The Macchi C.205 "Veltro"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snautzer01

Honourably banned
Mar 26, 2007
Macchi MC.205_01.jpg
Macchi MC.205_01.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Snautzer, here is the Milan, 205 in Nov 15.
Kind Regards Mike
I have more if anyone is interested, mainly up close parts.

mmmmn no picture......

I'll try from my internal drive ...:

And from the web ...

Can't seem to do it from the web ....

And my otherwise sig pic gets compressed in the x-y direction. What size should we make it so it maintains aspect ratio?

Actually when I hit "Save Changes," the sig pic was OK, but the pic under it where I could reply is compressed ... very strange. Probably a setting. But that pales until we can post pics (at least .jpg's) from the web in some format.

The one that made it below from my hard drive is a jpg.

Attachments

• EE_Lightning_1.jpg
    EE_Lightning_1.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Ok sports fans lets try again.....Thanks to Der Boss and people offering feedback.......works fine now...Kind Regards Mike
P1020398.JPG

Hi,
The aircraft in the historical photo is a Macchi C.202 "Folgore" not a Macchi C.205 "Veltro".
In the first photo the aircraft is too small to identify it without doubt, bat the fixed tail gear say that it is a C.202 or a C.202 converted into C.202. The date of photo can help identify the subject: if it was before 1943, what it is certainly a C.202.
In the second and third photo you can see the typical "rectangular" oil cooler of C.202 instead of the two of the C.205 with DB 605/Fiat RA 1050, that you can see in the VERSUCH photo.

bye

Users who are viewing this thread

Back