The Matchbox 1/32 Lysander, need some details

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

maxmwill

Airman 1st Class
Apr 18, 2011
For a while now, I've had a low priority project going, trying to make a Matchbox 1/32 Lysander a bit more accurate. There are a few points I want to try to address with this, the sheet metal cover that surrounds the top of the cockpit, the oil tank, and the dimensions of the two spars. I got that kit a very long time after it was new, and have been hearing of some disappointment with the kit itself. And while the gripes probably have some validity, I like the kit. I'd like to see if I can do better justice with it than simply building out of the box and gritting my teeth during the build, because a lot of this is simple, such as the sheet metal cover or the spars, things left out for convenience by the kit manufacturer. I don't mind the extra work.

Thank you. Read and replied. I really appreciate it.
I really do like a lot of the older kits. While I enjoy a new kit every now and then, sometimes I'm looking for something in a scale not offered as a new kit, But, perhaps an older kit, like the Matcbox(or whichever incarnation it is if Revell no longer makes the kits), Many are quite accurate, but sparse on details, and if it's really obscure, not even generic accessories, other than seatbelts and ordinance can fit. And some older kits, like the Williams Brothers P35, cry out for further detailing, and sometimes the old ways are the best, and sometimes accessories might be modified

A friend built that kit. Always liked how it turned out. Good luck.
Welp, I did see one after it had been restored, and then took off from Van Nuys airport in the 70s, and was always intrigued by her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back