The most effective/efficient modern army?

Most efficient/effective post war military

• United States

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Britain

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Australia

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Israel

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russia

• India

• China

• North Korea

• Other

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Watanbe

Senior Airman
Apr 24, 2007
Adelaide
Who is the most effective/efficient post WW2 force. Note: not the largest or most powerful country in the world. :mad:

IMO it is Israel quite easily. The victories that they have won have been incredible and the ruthless efficientcy in which they operate is inspiring considering their tough location and situation.

While this is I suppose bias I also think that Australia has served itself very well in all theatres since WW2. Showing expertise, efficientcy and determination.:lol:

This countries in this poll are chosen mainly on their involvement in post war conflicts. Im sure I have missed some countries and I apologise if I have.

I know there are many people that will not agree with me here, but I have to say the US military. This is also not because I served in the US Army. It is quite simple the US military recieves more money for training and equipment than any military in the world. It is the best paid military and the best fed military. The US military has the best state of the art equipment and the best equipped ground troops. It also has the best capabilities to reach out and touch someone litterally within minutes to hours of hositilities starting. Also the US NCO corps is the finest NCOs in the world and a military can not function without its NCOs.

I know there are many people that will not agree with me here, but I have to say the US military. This is also not because I served in the US Army. It is quite simple the US military recieves more money for training and equipment than any military in the world. It is the best paid military and the best fed military. The US military has the best state of the art equipment and the best equipped ground troops. It also has the best capabilities to reach out and touch someone litterally within minutes to hours of hositilities starting. Also the US NCO corps is the finest NCOs in the world and a military can not function without its NCOs.
We were always paid better then you guys back in my day if my conversion of ranks is correct an E1 gets 2500 a month an E5 up to 5500 an E8 up to 7300

The swiss army - they must be the most efficient/effective because nobody's dared fight them for centuries.

The swiss army - they must be the most efficient/effective because nobody's dared fight them for centuries.

The terrain has more to do with that than fear of their Army.

Israel...
Their small size means better quality control
Their survival is always at stake
As Watanbe has said, they are not afraid to be ruthless
Omni-present, daily reminders of "The Enemy"
High Esprit de Corps
Amazing pedigree for short existance
always on alert
high emphasis on personal audacity
good weapons
support of the home front
Religious faith always ads more fervor
Not quite as Hamstrung as other western powers by Public Opinion
The support of Jerry Seinfeld

The terrain has more to do with that than fear of their Army.

Israel...
Their small size means better quality control
Their survival is always at stake
As Watanbe has said, they are not afraid to be ruthless
Omni-present, daily reminders of "The Enemy"
High Esprit de Corps
Amazing pedigree for short existance
always on alert
high emphasis on personal audacity
good weapons
support of the home front
Religious faith always ads more fervor
Not quite as Hamstrung as other western powers by Public Opinion
The support of Jerry Seinfeld

I agree that the IDF are generally of high order. However, I would disagree on on their complete home support or being unified in thought and action - there is growing discontent with the way that they are being used (a problem that most armies have with their political leaders). Just one example:

The five are part of a growing movement that the military has had to contend with since the Palestinian uprising began more than three years ago. Hundreds of soldiers, alleging human rights abuses against Palestinians, have refused to serve in the West Bank and Gaza including, just last month, 13 members of the crack Sayeret Matkal, the most storied unit in the Israeli military.

Israel jails 5 as dissent on military rises - The Boston Globe

I agree that the IDF are generally of high order. However, I would disagree on on their complete home support or being unified in thought and action - there is growing discontent with the way that they are being used (a problem that most armies have with their political leaders). Just one example:

Israel jails 5 as dissent on military rises - The Boston Globe

I didn't say "Complete" support. I even qualified the 'Not quite as hamstrung... " statement. They took a beating over their last incursion.

But they average Israeli knows all that stands between their kibbutz and annihilation is the IDF.

While you do make good points. :lol: I think that the US have struggled to adjust to differing types of warfare. In Vietnam the US were accused of being inefficient etc. Firing at anything that moves.

In plain open warfare there isnt a nation that could touch the Americans, they have superior equipment and have it in enough numbers for it to cause a significant impact. however I think that they are not the most effective/efficient modern force.

While you do make good points. :lol: I think that the US have struggled to adjust to differing types of warfare. In Vietnam the US were accused of being inefficient etc. Firing at anything that moves.

In plain open warfare there isnt a nation that could touch the Americans, they have superior equipment and have it in enough numbers for it to cause a significant impact. however I think that they are not the most effective/efficient modern force.

Wrong...

The US military has no problem training and adjusting to different styles of warfare. We recieve the correct training and we have no problem for instance fighting the war in Iraq. The thing that holds us back now is Politics. You can not fight with you hand behind your back.

Vietnam is a bad example. Half the soldiers over there "kids"... Vietnam also is an example similiar tot he war in Iraq at the moment. Politics is holding the forces back.

The simple fact is the US military is the most efficiet and finest fighting force the world has ever seen.

Name me a military that is more modern and efficient. I have probably worked with them and will can tell you how they learned from us.

We were always paid better then you guys back in my day if my conversion of ranks is correct an E1 gets 2500 a month an E5 up to 5500 an E8 up to 7300

E1s do not make that much money, unless they are married and overseas.

However if you take all the extra pay that a soldier gets, there is no military in the world that pays its soldiers better than the US military.

Wrong...

The simple fact is the US military is the most efficiet and finest fighting force the world has ever seen.

Bold statement but it's more of an opinion.

I believe it's the Israeli's...

While many American youth join the military out of patriotic conviction, most join for adventure, money, jobs and education.

Israeli youth, while forced to join, understand just how high the stakes are for them. Mix the high stakes with religious conviction and you have a formula for efficiency by necessity-- for the sake of survival.

The shear size of the American military means unavoidable inherent inefficiencies.

And why do they have to conscript there soldiers?

Because if they did not not eneogh would join the military.

The all Voluntary Military is still the most efficient because only the people who wish to be there are there.

And why do they have to conscript there soldiers?

Because if they did not not eneogh would join the military.

The all Voluntary Military is still the most efficient because only the people who wish to be there are there.

Because the population is so small...

I'm not saying that the US is not efficient... it's just second... because of it's size, bueracrocy and motivational factors.

E1s do not make that much money, unless they are married and overseas.

However if you take all the extra pay that a soldier gets, there is no military in the world that pays its soldiers better than the US military.
I justed compared and at present exchange rates the CAF makes more then you guys in US dollars
US Canada
E1 1301 2100
E5 2174 3200
E8 2881 4000
I did a rough conversion with the exchange rates and was generous at 15% this is no spec trades or danger or flight or diving pay
I believe the Aussies are also paid better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back