The most effective/efficient modern army?

Most efficient/effective post war military

• United States

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Britain

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Australia

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Israel

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russia

• India

• China

• North Korea

• Other

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If efficient equals, cost effective then UK should win. I know it was a long time ago and may well have changed now, but when I was deployed I didn't get any danger money, hostile fire money or other extras for having the pleasure of being shot at. It was deemed as being expected when you joined.

Well that is what is good about the US military. It takes care of its soldiers. Most of those allowances I recieved whether I was deployed or not. The Army paid the rent on my house, they gave me COLA to adjust to the high cost of living in Germany, they gave me Seperate Rations to buy food for my family and flight pay I recieved regardless if I was deployed or not because that was my job, I flew every day.

The only extra allowances for being deployed were the Hostile Fire Pay and the Family Seperation Pay.

The only real good thing was that it was tax free and there was nothign to spend money on in the desert so you save a butt load of money.

I'm not gonna go into a war of words here fellas, it's not worth it. I respect you guys too much go where you start to call each other names etc...
It's true that I maybe just spent 16 months in the Rangers, I can easily count the nights that I spent in the bed on the regiment and not out in the bushes playing war, but as Sweden doesn't have a professional army like you guys, the UK and some others we have to train harder to keep up with the big boys....
What happened back then has absolutely nothing to do with ridiculing anyone or their proffesionalism (is that even a word :lol:) in the field of conflict....
It's true that I only trained the with USMC once, but had I chosen to stay with in the military it would possibly happened more times and not only with them. I want you to remember one thing and one thing only, I have the outmost respect for the USMC and nothing will ever change that. These were some of the best guys that I've ever met, too bad that I lost the contact with those that I got to know.
I'm sorry if I stepped on your toes...

I think Canada's should be the most efficient in the world!!!

It's true it's true.

We spend less on our military then France, UK, Germany, Japan, Israel, USA and most other nations on the planet.

But we are the safest nation on the planet..........no one would dare invade us!

Who can boast spending less then us on its military (and yet have so much natural resources and valuable territory that people would love to take from us)......and yet be as safe as we are from invasion? No one.

Canada is #1 hands down.

Who can argue that point?

I'm not gonna go into a war of words here fellas, it's not worth it. I respect you guys too much go where you start to call each other names etc...
It's true that I maybe just spent 16 months in the Rangers, I can easily count the nights that I spent in the bed on the regiment and not out in the bushes playing war, but as Sweden doesn't have a professional army like you guys, the UK and some others we have to train harder to keep up with the big boys...

Hey I was just giving you a hard time...

Like you like to joke with me in other threads I was doing the same with you here.

Aah....do I feel stupid? :oops:
Damn!
Oooh.....look at the time...
What's that?
Ok, I'll be right over....
Sorry, need to dash....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

---------------------------------------------------->> Ziiiip!

I think Canada's should be the most efficient in the world!!!

It's true it's true.

We spend less on our military then France, UK, Germany, Japan, Israel, USA and most other nations on the planet.

But we are the safest nation on the planet..........no one would dare invade us!

Who can boast spending less then us on its military (and yet have so much natural resources and valuable territory that people would love to take from us)......and yet be as safe as we are from invasion? No one.

Canada is #1 hands down.

Who can argue that point?

:lol: O' Canada...

Efficient and armed forces are words that dont tend to go together very well as waste is notorious with all armed services.
As for Effectiveness at the moment and the forseable future it has to be the USA but as with all major world powers eventually another nation will take the lead.
I would say next would be the Swiss. How would you fancy going hand to hand with a guy wearing a skirt and yellow pom poms just to get to the Pope.

You know it Matt.........fear Canada!

Gotta say... I have traveled more than most...
Canada is super cool. Montreal, Windsor, Vitoria, Toronto have all tasted my brain cells.

The women have been educated... :)

The only fear I have of Canada is that they belay the inevitable and resist the "American" Womb.

North American Hemispheric Alliance!

Brothers Unite and prepare the smite on lesser fiends!

Canada is beyond super most, extra - cool!

Gotta say... I have traveled more than most...
Canada is super cool. Montreal, Windsor, Vitoria, Toronto have all tasted my brain cells.

The women have been educated... :)

The only fear I have of Canada is that they belay the inevitable and resist the "American" Womb.

North American Hemispheric Alliance!

Brothers Unite and prepare the smite on lesser fiends!

Canada is beyond super most, extra - cool!

NEVER!!!!

Well I think its not the US as they keep blowing up their allies...

That is a very ignorant and dumb remark...

You have now recieved todays Dumb Post Award!

Attachments

• dumb.JPG
    dumb.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 71
Well I think its not the US as they keep blowing up their allies...

I agree with Chris, I am Canadian we have lost troops to US friendly fire......but that rude and dumb statment dude.

Everyone one that has stepped onto a battle field for any amount of time knows that friendly fire happens......it's a fact of war.

:D

Everything's all good Lucky. Now - you guys just need to USE your military. You know what happens when you don't use something... it falls off... :lol:
Were holding our end in Afghanistan .
It may have changed now but when I did my time we always thought that the US Forces were to specialized with such trades or MOC's as Panel remover or prop guy and one guy for air systems and one for Hydraulics it may have changed but those trades are encompassed by Fitter and Rigger or Airframe and Air Engine up here . Maybe it was just bravado but we tended to think our aircraft were better maintained . We don't have a MOC of Crew Chief or at least didn't

Users who are viewing this thread

Back