The Origins of Baseball?

Colin1

Senior Master Sergeant
3,526
19
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Location
United Kingdom
...and Philadelphia played cricket until the early 20th century

Did baseball begin in 18th-century England? - CNN.com
 
I dunno if it started in England, probably further back in the Bible or Illiad. Been my experience that like the joke about Hockey ("I went to a fight and a Hockey game broke out"), the same thing can be said about Baseball with a twist. More like, "We all started drinking beer and a Baseball game broke out".

Find out when people started drinking beer and you'll have a good idea when Baseball began.
 
Origins of baseball.

Family gatherings. Kids. Alcohol. Adult time.

Give the kids a stick and a round thingy. Let the adult time begin.
 
I once watched cricket for 3 hours and still don't understand the game.
 
I always thought baseball was derived from "rounders" which is a superficially similar game.It could be the other way around though.
CP Snow referred to cricket as a culture not a game.On my visits to India I have never had a substantial conversation with any Indian which didn't eventually veer into a debate on the merits,or otherwise,of the current Indian players! I have had similar experiences in other Commonwealth countries "new" and "old".
Steve
 
I love baseball, but I never understood cricket. :rolleyes:
 
I once watched cricket for 3 hours and still don't understand the game.

only three hours:rolleyes:
you need to attend all five days to understand Cricket properly !!!!!!! :lol:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back