The Person Below Me (TPBM)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alexander Pearce (1790 - 1824) was known as an Irish penal convict in Tasmania who was hanged in Hobart in 1824, for murder and cannibalism.

He originally was a farm labourer from County Fermanagh who was sentenced at Armagh in 1819 to penal transportation to Van Diemen's Land for "the theft of six pairs of shoes". After committing various offences in Van Diemens Land, on 18 May 1822 he was advertised in the Hobart Town Gazette as an absconder with a 10-pound reward on his head. On his recapture he received a second sentence of transportation, and was sent to the new secondary penal establishment at Sarah Island, Macquarie Harbour.

{Wiki}

TPBM, like me, never heard of him.....

Charles

You're kidding, right ?

Tuva Gold:
In Spring 2001, German archaeologists found the untouched tomb of a Scythian king and queen in the wilds of deepest Siberia. The burial objects form a priceless collection: 9,300 valuable gold items, the ceremonial robes of the golden couple, richly ornamented with gold, golden shoes and a ring of pure gold weighing two kilograms that was worn as a necklace. The experts swiftly came to the unanimous conclusion that this discovery ranks alongside that of the tomb of the Pharaoh Tutankhamen.

TPBM needs a long week-end.....

Charles

My Gumbo has Shrimp, Andouille Sausage, Onions, Green Peppers, Celery, a bottle of Clam juice, and a roux made of equal amounts of Cooking Oil and Flour that is browned slowly to make a thickened paste, throw in some Okra for thickening. Others add Clams, Oysters, and other seafood, or Chicken. You can throw almost anything into Gumbo. Served over rice with your favorite Hot Sauce. Good stuff, warms your insides on a cold Winters evening.

TPBM is getting ready for Mardi Gras Celebrations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back