The Royal Wedding...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Before hand, it was just the thought of an extra day off that excited me. Then, after the 'riots' by anarchists in London weeks earlier - concerned how it would go. Interested too, if there were any 'protests' how the normal crowd would react!
But, come the day, I listened and watched with mounting pride - to accounts from people who had come some just miles, and others from thousands of miles - to be there. Some were old enough to have been at Charles Diana's wedding, others young to want to be part of history.
I didn't expect to see all the broadcast, but nevertheless, 'glued' to watching it I was - especially near the end when the crowd surged forward to be ready for the balcony scene.
Though, I couldn't help but wonder, if a 'nutter' had got past the police lines, would he/she have been run through with a sabre!??

I was half expecting the Lanc to drop confetti, not as daft as it sounds as on Rememberebce Day it flys down the Mall and drops poppy leaves, one for each person lost in the wars from WW1 to today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back