The Snake Stukas. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, it is the most important language in the world. I do know some German but not very much. I can sometimes work out the general meaning of a sentence if I know a few words and the context it's being used in...but I should hope anyone could do that.

I was just making a joke about how a lot of english speaking people mostly americans think that everyone has to learn there language for them to communicate with them (just them and in them I mean the people that are walking around the town here).

What's really messed up is that when people don't speak English, they just repeat themselves, only louder. Like being hard of hearing is the problem! I made an effort to speak the local language when I was in other countries. If you make an effort and they speak English, they will usually switch when they see that you have tried to speak theirs.

I'm multilingual, I can mispronounce words in many languages! :lol:

Ive been to France twice, once when I couldnt speak the language and one when I could. It may be coincidence but whenever I tried to speak French they realised I was English and they spoke back to me in English. I think they respect you more if you try to talk their language.

I always try and speak their language, if I'm in there country. It's polite to do so, and a lot of other countries appreciate it too. So they don't trap you in their country and turn you into a meat pie....awful experience...

Sprechie sie deustche, mein kamrade? :eek:

Attachments

• infantry_edited_471.jpg
    infantry_edited_471.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 439
What? Eat lots and then throw up, then carry on eating? Have massive sexual orgies? Drink to you snuff it? Oooo...I want to go to Rome!

Well I commend you on your effort there P-38 pilot and that is what counts. It really does make a good impression on people of another country if you try there language. If it does not work but you made an effort they usually are happy to speak yours. They just get tired of the "Do you speak English?" question. Maybe one day I can teach you some German! :D

Anyhow back to the Ju-87R thing it actually stands for Reichweite or Range.

To get more fuel tank capacity the outer wings were restructured to accomodate 2 × 33 Imp gal (40 US gal, 15 liters) additional tanks to supplement the standard set of tanks in the inner wings of 53 Imp gal (63 US gal, 240 liters) each. Also the outer wings had 2 hardpoints to carry a droptank each of 66 Imp gal (79 US gal, 300 liters). It could not carry the four 110 lb (50 kg) bombs anymore, and the bomb under the fuselage was restricted to 551 lb (250 kg).http://www.xs4all.nl/~fbonne/warbirds/ww2htmls/junkju87.html

Thanks DerAlderIst! :p German is a a great language to learn! Im going to take German when I get into 9th grade so im learning some now.

The snake stukas did have quite the cool symbol on them but im ashamed to say i dont know them well.

Attachments

• infantry_edited_120.jpg
    infantry_edited_120.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 345
There were not very many that had that on them. To be honest I do not know how many. I think it was just one and the personnal symbol of a certain pilot but I am not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back