The story of the A6 with partial ejection.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I had to read the title of this thread twice :)
I thought why would a Audi A6 have partial fuel injection?
D'oh

Time for my lie down...

NURSE !! :)

I don't know if this had anything to do with the thread but the nasty thing about ejecting from the A-6 was the infrequent problem encountered when ejecting the canopy. It wasn't blown straight back but rode rearward on rails as if it was opening for normal post-landing crew egress. On at least one occasion it hung up on the rail and didn't come off. That placed the forward frame directly above the crewman's head. The preferred method of emergency agress was to go through the canopy. Ejection seats had 'blades' fixed to the top of the seat to facilitate that eventuality. In contrast, the EA-6B canopies raised upward like a clam shell. Yet the preferred method of egress was still to go through the canopy. Guess the rationale was to minimize the chances for a post-ejection collision with the ballistic canopy. I never asked why, just accepted that was the proper way to depart the aircraft if its wheels weren't on the ground.

Last edited:

Attachments

• A6_partial_eject11.jpg
    A6_partial_eject11.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 456
  • A6_partial_eject_21.jpg
    A6_partial_eject_21.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 557
  • A6_partial_eject_31.jpg
    A6_partial_eject_31.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 504

Users who are viewing this thread