The strategic bomber: was it a total failure?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

all production was fighters... so they had to make use of what was remaining of their Stukas to knock out Russian tanks

This thread was begun by a person with a defeatist attitude. Gee, there's no guarantee of something being successful so why bother is the logic, or lack of it, at work here. And of course, no workable military solution in place of bombing is offered. Since he truly doesn't know history he can't properly comment on the actual effects of the bombing campaigns and imagines they were ineffective. And it's someone who has never even bothered to immerse himself in the community with 2 posts. It's just another apoligist stirring up the manure pot for no good reason. This thread was long dead. Leave it that way.

carpenoctem1689 said:
...... pilots being easy to replace unless you want someone who knows what your doing, ..... and easily flow by unskilled pilots........

A good fighter pilot needed almost 1.5 years of training to be able to handle the demands of high performance fighters and associated tactics. Once you throw inexperienced pilots into the cockpit of a plane theyre not able to handle correctly, then theyre just "meat on the plate" whther being shot down or crashing the plane.

And by the end of the war, the planes had so much performance, if you werent able to master the lesser powered ones, you sure werent going to be able to handle the latest ones.

Nonskimmer said:
We're spreading. :twisted:
Lets see, that makes a Nova Scotian, two guys from Québec, a guy from Ontario, an Albertan, and now a guy from BC. All we need now is someone from the territories and we're covered. :lol:

Keep yer stick on the ice! YEAH!!! :headbang:

NS you forgetting me? What about a guy from the frozen prairies.

I can imagine JJ in WWII. When he saw Neville Chamberland waiving a piece of paper over his head saying "we have peace in our times", he would have wet himself. Then, after Germany struck Poland, JJ would say that we need to "understand" Hitler, and that maybe Poland and the Jews had it coming to them because of their foreign policies.

I was under the impression the bombing in Vietnam was relatively successful, well Linebacker at least.

R988 said:
I was under the impression the bombing in Vietnam was relatively successful, well Linebacker at least.
It was - after linebacker II the North Vietnamese singed a cease fire and the Viet Nam War ended for the US in 1973.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back