The Weather Where You Live? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A rumbler above has lightning hitting within a thousand feet. No rain as of yet, which is a good sign. There's a crackerjack of a storm warming up over us, but the worst is going to hit someone else.

ETA: aw, shit, there's hail. Looks like dime-size. Not heavy. Dog's inside, truck's under cover, and beer in the fridge, we're good.

ETA2: Hail was intermittent, dog came out onto the front porch for comforting cuddles, and I think the worst will hit over the lake where there ain't no one anyways. Still rumblies perhaps 3-5 miles distant.
You're the new weather man! We didn't get it this far down but a home under construction in Conroe collapsed and killed two and injured seven

I'm in Conroe and work 39 minutes away in Huntsville. We lost power around 3:30. Got home to find no power until 6:30, then 10 pm then 10 pm tomorrow. Across the freeway no power for two days. One of the notes of Texas. No power no internet at work or home, no work. Paperwork is a mess. I have to leave in the morning for training that is only given once a year. Wife has to stay with the animals in the heat. No one is happy. But the family is safe. Next round of storms at 3 am.

I'm in Conroe and work 39 minutes away in Huntsville. We lost power around 3:30. Got home to find no power until 6:30, then 10 pm then 10 pm tomorrow. Across the freeway no power for two days. One of the notes of Texas. No power no internet at work or home, no work. Paperwork is a mess. I have to leave in the morning for training that is only given once a year. Wife has to stay with the animals in the heat. No one is happy. But the family is safe. Next round of storms at 3 am.
Yeah they missed us in Katy. But according to the new (KPRC) you got hit pretty bad!

Our official forecast is the same weather as Bundaberg even tho it is close to the coast and we are well inland. We look at both Bundy and Gayndah and predict our weather far more accurately than BoM does by averaging the two forecasts.
1684908644832.png

1684908803875.png

High overcast here today - 11C. We got rain, which helped with the air quality.... apparently last week we had the worst air... on the planet. Lovely. It is the second-worst fire season on record ... and it's only May........yikes

We got power around 3. Lost 2 small freezer of meat and everything in the side by side

That is why we keep our old 20 amp petrol generator set - more than enough to keep the power up to the freezers when the inevitable blackout happen. Must admit it is much harder to start now I am pushing 80 but I wont change to an electric start until I have to.

Note 20 amp 240 volt is 40 amps at 110 volts

That is why we keep our old 20 amp petrol generator set - more than enough to keep the power up to the freezers when the inevitable blackout happen. Must admit it is much harder to start now I am pushing 80 but I wont change to an electric start until I have to.

Note 20 amp 240 volt is 40 amps at 110 volts
Do it now, you might be able to when you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back