The Weather Where You Live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They made us keep all students away from the windows. One of the teachers brought me the special glasses so I could see it. Pretty amazing!!
When I was a kid, we used Oatmeal containers with a hole poked in one end and parchment on the open end, to view an eclipse.

Why on earth wouldn't teachers take the opportunity to teach kids some basic science?

When I was a kid, we used Oatmeal containers with a hole poked in one end and parchment on the open end, to view an eclipse.

Why on earth wouldn't teachers take the opportunity to teach kids some basic science?
It was district directed everyone to not let the kids see the eclipse. They do things very backward here.

It was district directed everyone to not let the kids see the eclipse. They do things very backward here.
What class do you teach. When I was in the third or fourth grade in Gilcreast/Creasent City Oregon the whole school went out with our viewing glasses to watch. Course that was somewhere around 68/69.

What class do you teach. When I was in the third or fourth grade in Gilcreast/Creasent City Oregon the whole school went out with our viewing glasses to watch. Course that was somewhere around 68/69.
4th grade ELA. No one took advantage of the great view.

I would have pulled my kids out of school today if they were in your district. But then again, after what I am reading here, I'm pretty sure my kids would not be attending a public school in that district just like they don't here either.

Last Friday: Cross-country skiing on fresh snow across the road from my house. Saturday: riding road bike on same road, which was bone dry. Welcome to Spring (which actually arrives about 4 times between March and May....) in southern Alberta ;-P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back