The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I spent over an hour looking at walk-arounds on the net at the nose gear of every multi-engined prop plane I could find and still came up empty.

That's probably the one Charles - I'm not much good at the numbering system for US aircraft. Connie or Super Connie, that's what I'm plumping for.

The picture is main undercarriage doors

Its not a Connie

Its not an American design

Not an Ambassador....or a Shak

I'm out for a few hours but will be back on line later.

Final clue for today....just to keep you stewing.....its not flying with original engines

Right! I've just ruptured myself picking up 'The Encyclopedia of World Aircraft', I've got a pin ready to stick in pages, so I'll be back with an answer around February.....!!
It's multi-engined, has a tricycle undercart, isn't American, and we now know what the inside of the main gear doors look like! That narrows it down to a couple of thousand types!
I haven't a bl**dy clue!!!!

Oops! How silly of me to forget!
It isn't American, it's tricycle undercart, got pretty stars on the inside of the main gear doors, and it's multi-engined, but not the engines it started out with.
And I still haven't a bl**dy clue!!!

Blackburn Beverly or a Bloch MB.200?

Or..

A Henschel Hs 129?

Last edited:
Beverley had fixed undercart, didn't have a change of engine type, and there aren't any left flying. I don't think it's a Bloch or Henschel, gives the impression of something larger.
EDIT: Or smaller! Meteor.

Last edited:
I still think it's an Hs 129...

I had the engine change, int's multi-engine, it's non American, and it has wings that match the picture.

And the pic only shows the main gear door.
Change of engine type...Hmm! Meteor, Comet, Bucanneer come to mind. the shape of the hinge line on the door doesn't look like a Buc, and I think it's too 'light' for the Comet, so I'll stick with Meteor for now.

Prop powered Terry. No jets.

Its a nosed wheeled propeller driven non American mulit-engined aircraft. Got to be post war. I can't think of any prop driven tricycle gear plane before the end of the war that wasn't American built except maybe some German makes that if in existence at all are defiantly not flying today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back