The Zero's Maneuverability (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You might find this interesting but for some of the MS sims, a P-51 is just a highly modified 172.
Many of the data points are near impossible to find experimentally and one has to make assumptions based on pilot reports and analogies. It is hard to get reliable data on roll stability and pitch moments at AoA = 135 degrees for example. No one is about to fly a P-39 in high-G maneuvers with an intentional aft CG loading or try to make it tumble. Descriptions can be found in old pilot reports if you due your diligence.

You really should read the thread. There is plenty of disagreement and explanations and optimal technique seems to vary with type.
Are you actually flying a P-51 or P-40, Corsair, Wildcat or 109?
I was taught by pilots who did fly P-40s, F4Us, Bf109s, P-51s and F4Fs in combat.

Their experience and advice gained from their days flying those types was directly passed on to me.

I don't need to read a discussion board or people's opinions regarding a subject about flying.

Users who are viewing this thread