Today's greatest Ace?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And I'm not too sure but there probably should be some Royal Navy pilots in that list from the Falklands war. Since on the first day alone 23 Argentine aircraft were shot down by the 20 Sea Harriers operating over the Falklands from Hermes and Invincible (Another 17 were lost to ground fire on that same day).

Actually top dog during the Falklands was LtCmdr "Sharkey" Ward who commanded 801 Naval Air Squadron, HMS Invincible, during the Falklands War of April to June 1982, and was senior Sea Harrier adviser to the Command on the tactics, direction and progress of the air war. He flew over sixty war missions, achieved three air-to-air kills.

I've heard he had up to 7 kills because there was shared kills that he gave to members of his squadron. I also know he viewed over 10 air-to-air kills.

But still 20 vs. 200. That's odds to overcome and the Sea Harrier isn't exactly the greatest dogfighter in the world. It also isn't the easiest aircraft to fly. I'd love to see these great Israeli pilots do the same. All glory for shooting down Arabs.

The fact that hardly anyone likes Arabs has nothing to do with it. :laughing6:

plan_D said:
I've heard he had up to 7 kills because there was shared kills that he gave to members of his squadron. I also know he viewed over 10 air-to-air kills.

Read the same thing - I think though, if true he would of wanted to claim the magic "5." This would of been great PR back home.

plan_D said:
The fact that hardly anyone likes Arabs has nothing to do with it. :laughing6:

:evil4:

I suppose I could buy his book...

...but really, I don't want to right now.

And I'm not too sure but there probably should be some Royal Navy pilots in that list from the Falklands war. Since on the first day alone 23 Argentine aircraft were shot down by the 20 Sea Harriers operating over the Falklands from Hermes and Invincible (Another 17 were lost to ground fire on that same day).

Wrong!!!!

, 3 British pilots made 3 kills during the Falklands war and therefor was the highest killers, Lt CDR War, FLLT Steve Thomas and FLLT H Morgan, Thomas's 3 kills where all jet (one Mirage 3 and 2 Daggers)

The British did NOT shoot down 23 airplanes the first day, but they did make 23 air to air kills during the whole war.....

The first day saw 3 kills, Paul Barton got a Mirage 3, Allan Curtis (KIA) a Canberra and Bertie Penford a Dagger, another Mirage 3 was damaged by Steve Thomas and later shot down by own AAA while trying to land at Port Stanley:D

Lt CDR Ward also damaged a T34C Mentor

Bo
Denmark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back