Tony Williams' site is off-line (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I seem to recall him mentioning that he was shutting it down. I thought he was also looking to see if someone would take it over...maybe.

He is still active though and indeed just released the following:

81ZtXPCdGLL.jpg

I seem to recall him mentioning that he was shutting it down. I thought he was also looking to see if someone would take it over...maybe.

He is still active though and indeed just released the following:

Roger that.
Still, too bad it went off-line.

Hmm - more research needed, if I can bring myself to wrestle with the website software again. Every time I try to make progress, it gets worse.

haven't worked with wordpress much but if I can help I would gladly do that.

I got that also; it's because the security certificate is invalid. After going through the (multiple) warnings from my browser, I got to a 404.
Seems to be a self-signed certificate. That is usually not accepted by the browser. A A.G. Williams , you can get a valid certificate for free from Let's encrypt (Let's Encrypt). Most providers support that and removes a lot of the headache that certificates cause.

Last edited:
Thanks Marcel, I would really appreciate some help. I am not wedded to any particular software (and have tried two or three), but I've just bought a trial month's worth of time with WordPress as this is supposed to be good. I have barely got started and am already feeling discouraged. What I thought would be simple is turning out not to be (as usual!).
Tony

Thanks Marcel, I would really appreciate some help. I am not wedded to any particular software (and have tried two or three), but I've just bought a trial month's worth of time with WordPress as this is supposed to be good. I have barely got started and am already feeling discouraged. What I thought would be simple is turning out not to be (as usual!).
Tony
Okay, I'll send a PM, so we can get in touch and set up a secure communication.

Last edited:
Dealing with the security certificate can be super easy or a pain in several royal posteriors depending on the website host and system.
I am no expert and it took a number of E-mails and phone calls for my late wife's website, due in part to an old website hosting company (barely still in existence) and some independent software guy suppling the certificate code ( a 3 way run around).

You have my deepest sympathy.

Her other website was taking care of by the hosting company, of course you paid a fee.

I have barely got started and am already feeling discouraged. What I thought would be simple is turning out not to be (as usual!).
Tony
Technically never owned any website or forum, but was active in 4 domestic, and several international forums...

Of those 4 forums, 3 were ddosed by Islamic regime fanatics and got completely destroyed, 4th started to kissing their balls, and still exists.

I once planned, and still one of my goals, to have a forum, specially dedicated to history of my country, from pre-history to modern era.

Never discourage / disappoint.

Best wishes for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back