Trojans !!!! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Something else I learned about this is when you Google for "Remove AntiVirusPro 2010" or something like that, the wonderful little fellows that are writing this virus have created websites for the "removal" of the program and all it does is continue to direct you to THEIR website for the "removal tools".

While I hate any of us have been infected by this thing, I'm glad to see others have gone through the same process I have used to verify it works.

Just take a look at the website address the link is trying to send you to. Expert-Exchange, MajorGeeks, TomsHardware, bleepingcomputer...for virus/trojan removal, those are the sites I trust (along with Symantec's site). But yeah, there are a lot of sites out there that promise to help you remove that one...if you'll purchase their software. Or download this free removal tool, which just gives you more infections. Or lists legitimate registry entries for you to Delete Now (!!!), only to find out you just royally screwed yourself. Stick with good sites, though, and you're cool.

Heck, I think it was bleepingcomputer that turned me on to Malwarebytes and ComboFix (another good removal tool I forgot to mention earlier...this one is actually designed to run when you're logged in to your computer in normal mode...its not afraid to attack the virus head-on! I picture Conan wading into battle when I light that puppy off! Oh, and the desktop icon very closely resembles the Thundercats emblem. Can't get much better than that!).

Thanks for the advice guys...snuck in early at work to get on line ...teehee

I've been given a copy of that Mal software and ran it last night. Took just over four hours. It found trace elements of that ruddy trojan and successfully killed it off and then asked for a reboot. Powered up OK but the same problems are there. I tfinally found a workaround to get the restore program to work, but no change even after running that one.

Unfortunately, wehn I power up the pc, I dont get to see anything on the screen until just before the main windows login screen appears. Consequently, I dont get the option to press the relevant CTRL F ? button to enter the BIOS settings to make it boot up from a CD first. I've tried each and every button last night and essentially, if I press any buttons before its got the main screen up...it just freezes.

My final hope tonight is that I nicking...sorry...borrowing... a USB floppy drive from work and I'm going to hope that vat least the Pc has enough program left working to realise that it can check for a floppy drive first.

Failing that...watch out for a large black mushroom shaped clour over Salisbury when I either...
1. Finally lose my temper...
2. Decide to make a PC sized serving hatch hole in the nearest wall ....
3. Enrol in a college somewhere to learn how to make PC programs that track the little scroats that make these programs and the run my ownm version that will . remove them and all their associates from the gene pool....
4. Have a beer....I gave up drinks a few weeks ago in an effort to help me get fitter....and cry

What brand computer do you have? Typically its "F2", "Del", or "Esc" to get into BIOS. "F8" is the universal key to give you the boot options and boot into safe-mode (no virus running).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back