Trojans !!!! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
reformat. that's all you can do.

I've had the exact same type of virus, except it was called PC antispyware 2010. and it tottaly screwed up my comp. so I had to reformat. my advice to you is to buy a USB memory stick. but first gather ALL the files you want to save, put it into one folder, determine the size of the folder by right clicking it and selecting properties, THEN buy the right kind of USB stick.

hope this helps

I had something attack me a while back as well that clobbered my machine. I was able to get rid of it after about 5 days of intense work. I was running Norton and AVG and they both completely missed it. Since then, I have been using Avast and have had good result so far.

Ouch! I hate those hackers so much! :evil:

I'd seriously back an International Law against them - where the agency could travel to any country to arrest them and seize their equipment followed by stuffing them in jail for a few years...

Any other fraudster/scumbag causing billions in damages all over the world would have all kinds of police, insurance agents, corporate heavies etc. all over them, but computer crime is still seen as 'victimless'... well.... it's damn well NOT!

Here is the deal with the AntiSpyWare programs that are so bad right now......

They are being programmed in Russia and are constantly being modified so Sophos, McAfee, AVG, Norton, or whoever, can't block them. What they do is "force" you to buy their program to remove the software. However, their program is filled with trackers and spyware that you still can't remove.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel Gary. I have cleaned it off two pc's at work and each took me a couple hours, but I did get them cleaned.

First, you have to boot into safe mode. the moment you get a desktop, open your task manager and watch for a process called PCAntiSpyWare (or something like that.....you will just have to watch for it) and kill it immediately. This is the process that is locking down your pc.

If this process starts successfully, you will not be able to open IE, FireFox, or be able to kill processes in task manager and you will have to reboot and try again.

Once you kill it, the best way to remove it is download MalWareBytes from Malwarebytes.org

Fortunately, the free version will remove the F'ing thing. I have ran this one 6 pc's now that were infected so I know it works.

Once installed, run the Update for MalWareBytes and then do a complete scan that might take an hour or so. This is a NASTY program. If you know what your doing, it doesn't hurt to go through the registry looking for AntiSpyWare or whatever name yours has to remove those keys as well.

I sure hope this helps......

First, you have to boot into safe mode. the moment you get a desktop, open your task manager and watch for a process called PCAntiSpyWare (or something like that.....you will just have to watch for it) and kill it immediately. This is the process that is locking down your pc.

If this process starts successfully, you will not be able to open IE, FireFox, or be able to kill processes in task manager and you will have to reboot and try again.

Once you kill it, the best way to remove it is download MalWareBytes from Malwarebytes.org

malwarebytes has saved me a few times. Have you used a "kill process" software that u can recomend? I'm afraid to install them cause they themselves may have trackers, spywareand trojans..

another reason why I'm thinking about buying Mac!

I had something attack me a while back as well that clobbered my machine. I was able to get rid of it after about 5 days of intense work. I was running Norton and AVG and they both completely missed it. Since then, I have been using Avast and have had good result so far.

This solution seems the best and most realistic.

If failed, I recommend you, Geedee, to keep the hard disc as it is for the future dada recovery.
Yes, buy a new hard disc to replace and reinstall.

Even some data recovery free softwares would be effective to take back jpg, bmp, txt, wmp, avi, etc from the old hard disc.

In my case, 2 kinds of OSs are installed on the same hard disc - Win XP and Linux because
Linux can also access to the Win XP data base and is hard to be affected by the malicious softwares.

malwarebytes has saved me a few times. Have you used a "kill process" software that u can recomend? I'm afraid to install them cause they themselves may have trackers, spywareand trojans..

another reason why I'm thinking about buying Mac!

What kind of OS usually is run on Mac computers? What file system do these use?

What kind of OS usually is run on Mac computers? What file system do these use?

Mac are not immune to viruses and hijacking but there are FAR fewer problems (i've worked at places with 30% macs and i have used both Mac and PC ... had a mac virus once in 15 years)

Mac has it's own proprietary OS but many Macs are made with intel chips which allow you to boot in PC mode so it will operate like a PC.

IMO there are only 1 argument against Mac: The Price!

Software used to be a factor but with the intel chips you now can run PC software.

Couple of posts here
guys running two anti-virus programs; I thought you weren't supposed to do that?

This solution seems the best and most realistic.

If failed, I recommend you, Geedee, to keep the hard disc as it is for the future dada recovery.
Yes, buy a new hard disc to replace and reinstall.

100% unnecessary!

Malwarebytes will clean this up and you will be back and running in an hour or two.

Mac are not immune to viruses and hijacking but there are FAR fewer problems (i've worked at places with 30% macs and i have used both Mac and PC ... had a mac virus once in 15 years)

Mac has it's own proprietary OS but many Macs are made with intel chips which allow you to boot in PC mode so it will operate like a PC.

IMO there are only 1 argument against Mac: The Price!

Software used to be a factor but with the intel chips you now can run PC software.

I see. Thank you for the info. :)

Colin, More than likely that would be a video issue. Try updating your video driver to the latest version.

100% unnecessary!

Malwarebytes will clean this up and you will be back and running in an hour or two.

Yep, it is what I use along with, Spyboy Search and Destroy and AVG but I also sometimes use this very useful tool which is helpful as well: VundoFix by Atribune

Will it cure my slow-scroll problem?

No, try updating the video driver. Would be worth giving your computer a scan anyway.

I'm with Thor and Gnomey. I've cleaned several permutations of this (a half-dozen or so versions a year, it seems), and booting into safe-mode and then running Malwarebytes to nuke the bastages is one of the best things to do. Also Google and download a program called "Autoruns", which will show you every process/driver/program/etc that starts up when your PC starts (you can escape out of the scan, and choose an option to ignore Windows and Microsoft entries, which will make your list a lot easier to look through). You're probably going to be looking for something named with just a bunch of random letters/numbers, such as ae3zqrl.exe (for example), those are typically the virus files. Also, once Malwarebytes runs, it will give you a list of all the problems it found. Hop on another computer with Internet access, and Google those virus names. I usually will search for something like "Antivirus2010 manual removal", and follow the manual instructions showing file locations and registry entries to look at. There is typically NO need to reformat/reinstall/buy a new hard-drive. This is just a waste of time and money and all of your personal data/files. A little bit of hard work, a couple of beers, copious amounts of cursing the ancestors of those who infected you, and you'll be back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back