Trumpeter 1/48 MiG-23MF in Polish Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JKim

Senior Master Sergeant
Jul 1, 2014
Carlsbad, CA
This is my recently completed Flogger in Polish markings. I ran out of steam on this build last year and put it on the shelf. Jets aren't my forte and adding a bunch of complicated aftermarket resin and photo-etch (Aires exhaust and cockpit sets, Eduard wheels and wheel well sets, Dream Model pitot and Model Maker decals) didn't help my motivation. The build was further along than I had remembered so it really didn't take much to complete the work. In my rush to finish it, I really didn't weather this jet properly outside of a pastel panel wash. Once I forged ahead with the attachment of the landing gear, I felt the kit too fiddly to do any additional weathering.

JTK_0746_zpsylkre70r.jpg

JTK_0747_zpsimsgqmeq.jpg

JTK_0751_zpsu4lucokg.jpg

JTK_0749_zpsioydzab2.jpg

JTK_0750_zpsfkpejvp9.jpg

JTK_0752_zps7nsr1tvb.jpg

JTK_0754_zpsqmydmhis.jpg

JTK_0756_zpsmovnvcov.jpg

JTK_0759_zpswoj8pbqc.jpg

The actual build is spread out over a couple of posts but if you are interested in seeing the journey, please see the posts below...

1/48 MiG-23M Flogger B - The Jet Age.
Trumpeter 1/48 MiG-23M Flogger B | WW2Aircraft.net Forums

Thanks everyone!

Look great John. No need to start a new thread though for the finish.

Gotcha. For some reason, I thought that Start to Finish and Completed Kits were to be utilized together but I can see now that they are separate. Makes things easier too!

That is a very sweet looking Mig. I can see all the sticky outy thingies that would make it real fiddly. I like your attention to detail, it makes me see where I am lacking in skill

Thanks for the compliments! The build was interrupted by some long breaks but I'm glad it finally got done. My shelf of doom is now empty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back