Trumpeter MIG-3 in 1/32 scale (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many, many thanks!!!
That's an other very good walk-around.
Again, cockpit colours are much lighter then in other, but mine is done already ... pictures hopefully today.
Alberto

Yes Kevin , you are right. The colour looks like the RLM76. However I don't think it is a correct tinge of it. In my humble opinion the cockpit colour depended on tints of primers that were used for preservation of metal, wooden parts of the plane. Of course it is possible Russians could follow painting instructions at the pre-war period of time and at the beginning of the war . But when they started suffering from shortage of many things including paints and time , the JRD rule became the main one. For instance, it there was enough of light blue or light grey paint in a factory they used it almost for all and didn't take care of any rules.

PS... JRD stands for "Jak ręka da" - what we can.

Last link posted by Wojtek is in any case very good because it offers many interesting details that, for instance, helped me understanding some details. Among them the brown handles on gun actuators and the bar supporting the gun-sight.
Here is the picture I'm talking about:
DSC02736.jpg

So far I found only one period picture showing the same
dashboard.jpg

Here the instrument panel seems to be lighter so, eventually, I had to take a decision, may be wrong but, I hope, the good one and I painted my cockpit in the following manner:

DSCN0815.JPG

Probably I will repaint the background with black trying to show the leather effect clearly shown in the colour picture.

DSCN0819.JPG

DSCN0810.JPG
DSCN0812.JPG
DSCN0813.JPG
DSCN0814.JPG
DSCN0817.JPG
DSCN0818.JPG

Some more will follow a.s.a.p.
Alberto

Many thanks for the comments.
Now I would like to know your opinion about the positioning of the gun-sight on the bar.
Is it going to be in the tube socket seen on the left or on the plate?
DSC02736 edit.jpg

According to the b.w. picture it seems to be just behind the red cushion, so it should be fixed on the plate but, as I said, I would like to know your opinion as well.
Alberto

Here you are two shots of MiG-3 cockpit of a wreck of the plane found. According to them the gunsight was attached in the centre of the bar. It might seem to be moved a little bit right but it is the "fault" of the knobs of the PBP-1A gunsight that caused the optical offset.

166123.jpg

Mig-3_1.jpg

Mig-3_2.jpg

The gunsight PBP-1B

juli082287.jpg

juli082288.jpg

juli082290.jpg

Last edited:
Great information, I know what I shall try to do now.
Many, many thanks. :!::!::!:
Alberto:D:D:D

PBP-1 is the type supplied with the kit, reasonably well done.
I don't know if I will be able to take a picture of it.
Alberto

Hi,
here following are some (bad) pictures of my gun-sight:

DSCN0828.JPG
DSCN0829.JPG

Cheers
Alberto

Gone a couple of steps forward.
Painted dashboard back panel with semi-gloss black to simulate leather.

DSCN0841.JPG
View attachment 254194
Also added a small panel with two dials as I've seen in some photos.

Made seat belts using thin lead foil and p.e. buckles.

DSCN0834.JPG
DSCN0835.JPG

Finally, with a 1.2 mm aluminium tube, I did the support for the gun sight.

DSCN0838.JPG
View attachment 254198
DSCN0840.JPG

This will be fixed inside the front canopy piece after inside painting.
Now I'm almost ready to glue fuselage parts together.
Apologize for the poor quality of last two pictures, but I have still a lot to learn on macro photography.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back