Trumpter 1/32 F4 Corsair

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am with Wayne on this good job esp. if your first attempt at weathering.I have this kit in my stash and from the looks of the instructions the pit should come out quite nice?

View attachment 81874

This is the squadron scheme I was following, The technique of weathering has nearly all destroyed the dark sea blue - I was quite violent with the thinners and rags. Even rubbed of the paitner jolly roger - Damn (missed that after it was gone) - may have to paint it again !!

The red aorund the insignia was tken from the attachment again heavily weatheed as the tropical sun , UV and rain should have played havoc with the paint job.

I have not converted much of the airframe from the trumpeter kit in so far a making it a -1A. The light sea gray - well not much of it left on the belly may look white, but when you see near the tail gear doors it has a slight grey tone.

BTW - This was my first serious attempt at weathiering -rather than just panel delineation - so that P40 in the desert had better be ware !!!

Oh, I see. It does look great, the engine and weathering are fantastic. Like I said, I wasn't trying to nitpick, just discussing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back