Trumpter 1/32 F4 Corsair

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

petadel

Airman
Aug 31, 2008
Cairns QLD
DSC05472.JPG

DSC05473.JPG

DSC05474.JPG

DSC05476.JPG

DSC05477.JPG

DSC05478.JPG

DSC05479.JPG

DSC05480.JPG

DSC05481.JPG

DSC00117.JPG

Very nice. I love the Corsair. Building an 82% scale replica, myself. I love your paint job. I want mine to look like a tired old veteran when it is done.:salute:

SquadronScheme.jpg

This is the squadron scheme I was following, The technique of weathering has nearly all destroyed the dark sea blue - I was quite violent with the thinners and rags. Even rubbed of the paitner jolly roger - Damn (missed that after it was gone) - may have to paint it again !!

The red aorund the insignia was tken from the attachment again heavily weatheed as the tropical sun , UV and rain should have played havoc with the paint job.

I have not converted much of the airframe from the trumpeter kit in so far a making it a -1A. The light sea gray - well not much of it left on the belly may look white, but when you see near the tail gear doors it has a slight grey tone.

BTW - This was my first serious attempt at weathiering -rather than just panel delineation - so that P40 in the desert had better be ware !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back