Try telling me that they don't know

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

they will release a bunch of coyotes...that will fix the problem like it did (not ) do here. now you not only have a chance of clunking a deer with your car you get to run over coyotes as well...

One of the reason the balance is so skewed, especially in California, is because the top predators have been removed.

The Wolves, Grizzlies and mountain Lions kept everything in check. The next level down, were the black (or brown) Bears, the Bobcats and the Coyotes...when you remove several key species from the structure, it will tumble.

the problem is wolves and lions will also take down humans....griz will too but to a way lesser extent. I can deal with coyotes...if they started reintroducing panthers and wolves in the woods here it would make hiking a little more....exciting...lol

the problem is wolves and lions will also take down humans....griz will too but to a way lesser extent. I can deal with coyotes...if they started reintroducing panthers and wolves in the woods here it would make hiking a little more....exciting...lol

Some divvy group wants to re introduce wolves to "remote areas" of Scotland. You know the remote areas that fell walkers love to walk in. I hope they use those trained wolves that stay where you release them!

Some divvy group wants to re introduce wolves to "remote areas" of Scotland. You know the remote areas that fell walkers love to walk in. I hope they use those trained wolves that stay where you release them!
The problem is, do these alpha predators have enough game to sustain them?

Chances are, before the wolf population was decimated, there was ample game available. I can guarentee you this is not the case today and so they will look elsewhere for food, like sheep, cattle and small pets.

It's like the California Condors who are a last vestige of a long gone epoch. Simply due to the shifting climate over the centuries, there is no longer the deep conifer forests and large game that these monsterous scavengers need to sustain themselves and yet, the conservationists continue to try and save them by releasing them into the lower Sierras where the region is semi-arid and has little in the way of game.

Oh Yea...well.... your mother wears Army shoes!!!:p
I have an uncle-in-law that turns are that beautiful meat into sausage??? In any case California deer come pre-roasted, smoked, and jerked lately:blob6:
I wish. The Army shoes would make better jerky than your deer. With the fires near here I can find plenty of pre-cooked critters, but some might be a little too well done.:microwave:

The problem is, do these alpha predators have enough game to sustain them?

Chances are, before the wolf population was decimated, there was ample game available. I can guarentee you this is not the case today and so they will look elsewhere for food, like sheep, cattle and small pets.

It's like the California Condors who are a last vestige of a long gone epoch. Simply due to the shifting climate over the centuries, there is no longer the deep conifer forests and large game that these monsterous scavengers need to sustain themselves and yet, the conservationists continue to try and save them by releasing them into the lower Sierras where the region is semi-arid and has little in the way of game.

There are conifer forests but also huge open spaces of moorland hills and mountains, I am not an expert but wolves dont hunt for fitness. Given the choice between chasing a deer ar a family I would take the family, were I a wolf.

wolves rarely hunt alone. several years back they took down a lady jogger up in Alaska. small children would be a tempting target for them. coyotes are the same...they hunt in packs. as GG mentioned above if food becomes scarce they will become bolder out of necessity....but i am more worried about a rabies out break among them. a rabid raccoon or possum is one thing but a rabid coyote??

Not always fast...

Attachments

• tumblr_l5d797gQVD1qalc9qo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_l5d797gQVD1qalc9qo1_400.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Back