Trying to find some info

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Watanbe

Senior Airman
Apr 24, 2007
Adelaide
My great grandfather served with the British 8th Army in Africa, Italy and I believe he served at some stage in Holland (where he met his wife) he passed away 5 years ago and my Grandmother doesn't seem to know a great deal of information. As a WW2 nut I would love to find out some more information and maybe show it to my family.

Can anyone put me in the right direction? I was unsure what section to place this is, as its not quite an aircraft request.

Will the Australian War Memorial be able to help me with this? Is their an online database or anything?

I can try and find out more information, but are there any places that will narrow it down for me?

I do know his name and I believe he might of been in artillery but at this stage can't guarantee that.

That'd be a good place to start. I typically just start with Google and see where that leads. Try various combos of name, rank, units, battles, years, etc. First and last name might bring up nothing, but "lastname, Tarawa" (for example) might find a goldmine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back